Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Android 9 update breaks gopro fusion video editing.

Hi @pyr0knight1

Thank you for testing it out.

We have shared this to the team in charge. We'll have this post updated once we have additional information.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi,

I've got the same issue on my S8 since the last system update last week : a preview is visible (static preview), but there is a black screen when playing a video. Black screen also when connecting to camera. I've got the last version of the Gopro app.

Regards,

Olivier

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi, I can confirm this is also happening to me on Android version 9. Hopefully a fix will come soon!

Highlighted
Tourist

Bonjour, 

J'ai également le même problème depuis la mise à jour d'android...écran noir quand je veux visualiser mes fichiers iages ou vidéos...même en live, que faire???

Highlighted
Sightseer

Same here no live view just black
Highlighted
Tourist

I have similar issue with my GoPro hero 5, I cant connect to the app, my phone is Samsung A50 (Android 9)

It says Wifi band needs to lower down to 2.4ghz , but gopro 5 dont have that option as well as my phone. Hope they will find a solution for this.

20190403_004457.jpg
Highlighted
Tourist

Me too, i have the same issue.

After system got updated my S8+ from 8 to 9 all spherical videos got dark. However there is a preview picture on each of them. And i cannot downgrade my S8+ from Pie to Oreo
Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone. Thank you for the details that you provided. We have brought this to the team and we are still waiting for an update. While we are at it, we would like to gather more details. By any chance, have you been able to test your Fusion files through GoPro Fusion Studio? Are you able to see thumbnails, as well as the complete video/footage when played back?

Have you updated to the latest version (v5.2.1)  of the GoPro App? Please also confirm if you are using recommended SD cards according to this list., and if you have already tried formatting the cards prior to using them again. We would appreciate any input from you as they will help as isolate the cause of the trouble. Many thanks!