Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
GoPro

Re: Android 8 GoPro app issues

Sorry if you feel that way, @fastdawn21805. I agree that the phone and camera should connect per pairing process, and having to go through additional steps is inconvenient so we would like to help as much as we can. This is why we are trying to isolate the source of the trouble.

I am using a Samsung phone with Android version 8.0.0 and has not observed this issue so we would like to know if there is anything else that could be causing the disconnect.  Feel free to post back for any other concerns or questions, or to share your results. Alternatively, you can reach out to our Support team here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for a more personalized support. Thanks!

Sightseer

Bonjour, je viens d'acheter la GOPRO Hero 6 et j'ai exctement le même problème avec Android 8, apres avoir reussi à connecter la GOPRO sur Android, Android me dit qu'elle n'est pas connecté alors que sur l'IPAD ça fonctionne tres bien !

(Hello, I just bought the GOPRO Hero 6 and I have the same problem with Android 8, after having managed to connect the GOPRO on Android, Android tells me that it is not connected while on the iPad it works very well!)

GoPro

Hi @agilecreek74253

So long as the camera and the app are both up to date - it shouldn't have any issues.

What camera are you using?

What is the make and model of your phone?

Kindly try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

If it's still the same, reset the camera's wifi information

Then proceed with the pairing process again.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

I've done this 20 times with my gopro 5 black using my S8 phone. If I do get to the camera in the app it says the camera is turned off eventhough it's on and I can't see what the camera sees. Never can get to see media from the camera.
GoPro

Hi @fastdawn21805

We appreciate your efforts in doing the troubleshooting steps.

Reach out to our Support Team if you are still having connection issues.

Kindly take note of their opening hours listed here: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej