Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Re: Android 8 GoPro app issues

Das war's. 
Vielen Dank Dominik.

Darauf muss man erst mal kommen ;-)

Tourist

I was on the phone with support for half an hour yesterday. Finally told me that it is an app compatibility issue and they are working to resolve it.

Why can,t we get accurate information from GoPro?

GoPro

Hello @fastdawn21805

Which model of camera are you using? I have a Samsung phone with Android version 8.0.0 and I am able to connect GoPro cameras through the GoPro App. Do you have the latest GoPro app installed on your phone? 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

I have an S8 with Android 8.0.0. I can connect the camera to the app but when I try to access media or camera view it says it is not connected to the camera but the camera says it's connected to the app.
Camera software is 2.6 and the app is current because I've reinstalled it twice in the last few days.
I followed the support person's directions and still have the same problem.
GoPro

I see. By any chance, do you have your mobile data up when the camera is connected to the app? Data connection could cause interference with the Wi-Fi connection between the camera and the phone. See if this factors in. Thanks!

Tourist

No. I have the camera screen up.
GoPro

Sorry for the confusion. I meant, if your mobile data (for internet connection) was on while the phone was connected to the camera via Wi-Fi. Thanks!

Tourist

Why can't I just turn on the camera and the app and it works like it is supposed to?
Worst purchase I ever made!
I feel like this is designed to be horrible so people will buy the remote. This is NOT what was advertised.
My camera says I'm connected to the app and the app says I'm not. WTF?