Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Nomad

After opening the APP again, no access to Hero8

[ New ]

I start the APP (Android 11 on LG G7 ThinQ, APP-Version 8.10), connect to the Hero8 (Firmware 2.50), switch to Control the Camera in the APP and then to Live Stream and start it.
So far everything works fine!
If I now (mistakenly) close the APP and then open it again, I can no longer connect to the camera without canceling the stream (stop recording via the record button on the camera). Sometimes that's enough, sometimes I have to switch off the Hero8, close the APP and start everything again to establish a connection. Of course, this creates a new stream with a new link, etc.
It is interesting that the stream is still recorded and streamed without the APP - I even have the impression that it is more stable than with a connection to the APP!
Nevertheless, it would be desirable if the APP could be connected to the Dre camera again after closing the APP and restarting the live stream!

GoPro

Re: After opening the APP again, no access to Hero8

[ New ]

Hi @oliverz513

We'll have this shared with the team.

We have recently released an update for the GoPro Quik app on Android.

Please make sure to restart your phone before testing it again.

Let us know how it goes with the new version.

Regards,

Ej

Nomad

[ New ]

I only tried it on Wednesday September 1st with the latest APP and had the behavior described.

Nomad

[ New ]

Ok, i see Version 8.11 is new ... i will try it!

Nomad

[ New ]

Today, with the current Quick APP (8.11) and a Hero 9 (FW 1.6), I was able to successfully stream a 45 minute stream on Gopro.com with 480p 30 fps without interruptions or similar! Whether it was the APP or the FW of the Hero 9 or just something that was improved on the server ... SO it was fun today!

Apparently there was an improvement in the APP too. In any case, it automatically reconnected to the Hero9 after I closed and restarted the app. I still have to test whether this also works with the Hero8.

And another suggestion - it would be great if you could connect the APP with 2 or more GoPros and then alternately choose the source for the stream! So e.g. a GoPro as a selficam, another on the chest strap ...

Nomad

[ New ]

Not only the stream, but also the video stored on the SD card is no longer lip-synchronized in the end - how can that be ?!

Stream (~46Min.):

https://gopro.com/v/y8LX7mR4lkK46

YT Video shortened (~11Min.):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Te6gRLbGS4

Gekürzte Version des 2. Livestreams vom Radfahren. Diesmal mit Hero9 ohne MediaMod.Es wurde der Stream auf der SD Karte aufgezeichnet - leider ist dieser geg...
Nomad

[ New ]

Is anyone still reading here - especially from the support team - or am I the sole entertainer here?
Today the same system and hardware - after 35 minutes the stream was interrupted (presumably by the camera). Error message on the Hero9 display "File is being repaired" ... The SD card is a compatible one from the list, has been reformatted and has so far not caused any problems when saving!
Then I am also very surprised about the saved file!
I have set 1080p with 30FPS (in MaxLensMod), which is also displayed! The saved file has 1080p with 60fps! Not that I have a problem with it - just why is that?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @oliverz513

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Thank you for the sample files.

Was this done via hotspot connection?

Do you observe the same when streaming using a different network/connection?

Would you mind doing a test stream using your home Wi-Fi connection?

Also, can you please share the details of the SD card used? Please include the brand, type, and capacity.

Thanks!

Ej

Nomad

[ New ]

I use different SD cards. This video was recorded with a SanDisk Extreme microSDXC UHS-I 128 GB A2, V30, U3. But I also use a Samsung EVO Select 256 GB microSD V30 without any problems. I saw the "file will be repaired" for the first time in connection with the livestream!
That a stream from a fixed WLAN network works better. yes, i can confirm. Only THAT is not my goal (So far I have only streamed a maximum of 46 minutes at a time - mobile from my bike - without any problems! Local to the test for a maximum of 20 minutes. But even with 50Mbit down and 20 Mbit upstream it worked once and then didn't work ...)! Streaming should be mobile! In principle, this also works (at least during the test with a few minutes) - even a break in the LTE connection is automatically re-established - there are only breaks if it is really supposed to last for a longer period of time.

From my point of view, I can't say "if I stream mobile it doesn't work" .. as well as "it always works locally"!

But what surprises me is that the recording was saved with 1080p 60FPS despite the setting 1080p 30FPS!
Will gopro.com also be streamed in 1080 even if I have set 480p to stream?
Why are 60FPS fixed and unchangeable?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @oliverz513

Even if stream resolution is changed(1080,720,480) the saved file defaults to 1080/60.

Thanks!

Ej