Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

After Update to Android 10 had problem to connect app to camera

Hi all,

after updating my smartphone to andoid 10 i had problem with my gopro app - if i want to control my go pro via app a pop up in my smartphone apears with the message "device for using with gopro" if i click on "connect" all my conection (wlan, bluetooth etc.) are closed instantly and the app can´t connect to my camera. before the update i had no problems with the app all works fine but after the android update i have no chance to connect via app to my hero 8. Is the problem known?

thanks in advance

Mike

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: After Update to Android 10 had problem to connect app to camera

@swiftyfx, sorry to hear about the trouble. When going through the last step of the pairing process, wait until the GoPro camera appears on the new window message before pressing "Connect".

This is something that's part of the Android 10 update and not coded in the GoPro App. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes and we're hopeful that this experience will go back to normal with a future update to Android 10. 

Highlighted
Hiker

hello aenriquez, yes i still wait on the pop up that my gopro name appears and after that i click on connect but the same issue. i tried out several things, disconnect all, delete my connections on my devices etc. but nothing help . hope an android update will coming soon

Highlighted
GoPro

@swiftyfx In case you missed it, GoPro App has been updated > update 6.2 is out.

Also more updates will follow with more bug fixes. Hope you can stay patient :)