Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer

4K GoPro footage on Ipad Pro

Dear all,

Here is my problem : I use my GoPro 8 for scuba diving (before i was on GoPro 7). Until now I was always shooting in 1080p, then I import the footages on my IPad Pro and mount short movies on LumaFusion.

Recently I decided to try to film 2,7k and 4K footages. Even if my final clip might be 1080p , I wanted to try 2,7K and 4K so I can crop /zoom / stabilize afterwards keeping STIHL an HD quality.

problem : Before trying underwater i made some test, filmed a box of cereal in 3 résolutions : 1080/2,7/4K , loaded the footages on my IPad via GoPro App and compared the shots... almost impossible to notice the difference... even worse : the 4K footage seems worse... It feels like when exporting with GoPro app it highly compresses 2,7K and 4K footages....

would that be possible ?

even if the Ipad pro doesn't have 4k resolution, i would expect a better definition zooming in a 4K footage then a 1080p as the ipad is around 2,2k resolution.

Any idea ?

should i import by an other way ?

did anybody imported a 4K or even a 2,7k footage ? Do you se the same behaviour ?

thanks a lot,