Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Re: 360 Trimmed media appears blackened when rendered

[ New ]
Yes, unfortunately the same problem continues. The first 7 minutes of a clip is fine. However once it spans, anything after that will not trim properly. Once you start a new clip the 7 minute window restarts. No difference with the updated app for my fusion. Appreciate you following up.
GoPro

[ New ]
I will try to see if I can find some info on this.
Hiker

[ New ]

I just wanted to confirm that I saw that I had the new version of the GoPro app downloaded, went out and recorded an hour of video and then tried things.  I saw no fix or change in the behavior at hand.  

GoPro

[ New ]
@faststoke04651 Thank you for the feedback. I have shared this with the dev team. I will keep you posted
Tourist

[ New ]

I had the same issue for months. The iOS app does wonders and saves lots of time when dealing with fusion 360 videos. But at some point i started getting the same mentioned behavior as other users. The application and the fusion camera became unusable for me. I have installed the latest version the issue still persists. What's changed after update - now the dark parts started showing gray jitter. 

I am sorry to say but to be honest this critical issue brings much frustration. I'm really happy that i've found this thread that i can follow up. Thank you for your help to other so far i do hope that we all can resolve this. I'm more than happy to help debug the issue in any way that i can.

Hiker

[ New ]

@greenjump42340 Glad to have you on board as we work through this issue.  The other thing I could note about what changed in the new update is that the trimmed media is no longer pretty much black and white but is actually blackened with color.  It is basically super overexposed.  When I look toward the sun, then things do actually have color, but it has to be a SUPER bright part of the image.  Those parts were just white before.  It looks like the saturation, exposure, or some setting like that has been pushed to an extreme. 

Nomad

[ New ]

So I have been trying to replicate this issue and haven't had much luck.

I've based my testing on the original posters lighting conditions, so a fully brightly lit garage with darkness outside.  I've wandered back and forth, inside and out, rotating camera, trying to get exposure levels on both sides different.  However after over 16 minutes of this (creating 3 chapters on the camera), my footage rendered just fine.

I am using and Android device (Samsung S10 running Android 10) so maybe that's the difference.  Maybe this only affects iOS devices?  

I've tried using entire clips and trimmed clips and they still work both fine.  I've also noticed that my thumbnails work and there's no "round" thumbnails.  My Fusion is running the beta firmware 2.0.  I'm using app version 7.3.2 (10024).

For those of you with the issue, can you confirm what device you're using and what the O/S is?

Can you confirm what SD cards you are using in your Fusion? (long shot, but worth checking) and are both SD cards the same make, model and capacity?

Also provide an exact workflow, anything to help replicate the issue would help.

Hiker

[ New ]

I am doing this on the iOS version of the GoPro app which is currently at 7.3.1.  I've tried it on 5-6 different iOS versions over the course of the months this has been going on.  

Looking at the camera, I am running the 1.8 firmware.  I have found the Beta firmware and I'm actually going to give that a try to see if I can load that up and test today.  (Downloaded...installing....testing....clips after the first 7 minutes are still round...trimming...same thing).  

SD cards are all SanDisk Extreme cards of differing sizes.  The issue happens on all of them.  

The fact that you don't see the rounded previews tells me that your footage will likely work in the app.  It is only those that show the other view that do not work.  Not sure what the word for it would be, but its the view when you take a 360 video and zoom all the way in or out.  So when you are looking at the world below (round) or you are looking at the world out (square).  

Here is a shot that shows the low-res preview before trimming.  Trim this and save and with the previous versions of the iOS GoPro app I ended up with the video looking like the middle image.  After the 7.3.1 update it did get better.  It now looks like the image at the bottom.  It really looks like the exposure setting is getting knocked way off.  

One other thing that might not be relevant at all, but I thought I would mention.  I notice that the videos have the wrong dates on them.  The videos I shot on 01/09/21 are showing up with a date of 12/24/2020.  The time is also off quite a bit.  The camera DOES have the correct date and time on it.  But testing it now, it does timestamp videos a couple weeks back.  Don't know if that is related in any way, but thought I would mention it just in case.   

Comparison.jpg