Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Re: 360 Trimmed media appears blackened when rendered

[ New ]
Hey Todd, those with the round thumbnail around them are the continuation of the square ones. Once the files get to be too large, the camera breaks them into another segment and starts another file (you can see this on your SD card). It is all of those other segments besides the very very first one that do not work. If you can keep your filming to 7 minutes or less at a time, it can work. But that's not really feasible most of the time ;-).
Hiker

[ New ]

I have done a few more experiments and found another tidbit of information that might help someone.  Taking the media that we cannot trim and stitching the whole segment together on the GoPro app and exporting that does seem to work.  It only seems to be when you trim that media that you end up with an issue. 

GoPro

[ New ]

@faststoke04651 @toddc5 

To keep you posted on this issue - and sorry for the delay - a bug has been opened for the problem you are describing.

Hiker

[ New ]

Thank you!

GoPro

[ New ]

@toddc5 @faststoke04651 

This should be fixed in version 7.3.1 which is now live.

Hiker

[ New ]
Though I do like some of the improvements, I am not finding any fix to the issue. The first video segment (which shows up as a square outline in View Media) works great. But any of the subsequent video segments (that are just chunks of the same video) when trimmed end up under saturated so much they look nearly black and white. I do see that they have color to them, but only the brightest parts of the video.
Hiker

[ New ]
Thanks for following up. I updated the app, but unfortunately the same problem continues. Hope we can find a workable solution soon. Thank you.
GoPro

[ New ]

@toddc5 @faststoke04651 

Did you try with new media?