Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
GoPro

Re: 360 Trimmed media appears blackened when rendered

[ New ]
Hi,

Sorry about that, I haven't heard back from the team on this.
Hiker

[ New ]

The Nov 11th iOS software update from GoPro seems to have resolved this issue for me.  I can now trim and edit and work with my video again.  

Hiker

[ New ]

And for some reason, it is no longer working.  Clips edited (from the same date) were working yesterday and today, they no longer work correctly.  Still using the same version of the GoPro software.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi,

I'm sorry about this, we don't have a solution for this at the moment. It would be best to try directly on desktop as 360 process on mobile is complex and heavy.

Hiker

[ New ]
I’m having the exact same issue. Square thumbnails, that file will trim. Circular thumbnails will not. Please update if you find a solution.
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi @toddc5

I'm sorry, we don't have a solution for this at the moment. Also there hasn't been any changes to the 360 code in the App for quite some time, so nothing has changed code wise here.

When having issues with 360 files it could be two things:
either the file itself is corrupt in some way or the device you are using isn't performant enough.
On Android, for ex we require those chipsets:
Kirin 980 or newer
Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 or newer
Exynos 9810 or newer

360 editing takes a lot of processing power to run on a phones video player and doesn't always play nice with all phones. It would be best to try directly on desktop as 360 process on mobile is complex and heavy.

GoPro does offer a free editing solution for 360 on Mac and windows computers which you can use and install today.

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Player/ta-p/413305
Hiker

[ New ]
Thanks for the message. The problem seems to me to be in the recording, before any processing happens. As mentioned earlier, the files that have a full-screen thumbnail (full square) export just fine. The files that have a black circle around the edge do not, no matter the device attempting to trim and save.
294057CD-FCEB-4197-A938-4F8890B29918.png
Hiker

[ New ]

How do you get GoPro Player to read the video from a Fusion 360?  It doesn't see the files.  It only reads the Max files, not the Fusion.  I have always had to use my iPhone to actually get the footage into a format that I could then use within Final Cut Pro or Adobe.  Without the process on the phone, I have no way to get it on the computer.  And I'm doing this on an iPhone 12 Pro...about as much processing as you can get these days.  

It used to work...I have plenty of videos to show that.  But taking that same video today and attempting to export it with the GoPro app no longer works.