Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

15 Minutes to download a 3 minute video to phone!!!

What the hell guys,

This is extremely dissapointing.

The gopro app simply must be reprogrammed, big time.

First I have to wait like 5 minutes for the app to download from the camera, and THEN I HAVE TO WAIT SOMETIMES FIFTEEN MINUTES FOR THE APP ON MY PHONE TO    >C O P Y<   THE FILE INTO MY PHONE'S GALLERY (which doubles the file on my phone:((( )! That is just simply utterly ridiculous. You're basically saying F-you to all your customers who don't like and don't want to use your app (but love your camera;)

I seriously might return/sell this awesome camera only due to this insanely asinine app.

This is not a question really... it's more of a plea to DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS PLEASE. I understand that, if I were to like and use your app, this problem wouldn't exist for me, BUT I HAVE A GREAT DISTASTE FOR YOUR APP AND DON'T WANT TO USE IT!!! So please make it easy for those of use who just like your cameras to get the file off it QUICKLY. This should be absolutely standard.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: 15 Minutes to download a 3 minute video to phone!!!

Hi @brutus1981

What phone are you using? What resolution are these filed recorded in?

Compatibility and feature availability vary depending upon your camera model, camera capture settings, mobile device operating system and power.

You can also test the camera with another devices to help isolate the issue.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Ej,

That's nice of you to reply, thanks. I appreciate you reaching out.

The details of my phone and camera model i.m.o. are not what this is about, although I'll gladly provide them:

Phone = Huawei Mate 10 Lite with plenty of storage space.

Camera = Brand new GoPro Hero 7 with a 128GB SD card also with plenty of available space.

Video resolution = 1080 @ 60 frames

This is irrelavent though!!! This is about the completely ridiculous work flow for anyone not using the GoPro app (which I do not like).

It took less than 5 minutes to download the video to the GoPro app, and then 15 minutes to COPY the vid from the app to my phone! In other words, from my phone to my phone LOL. Utterly non-acceptable.

It seems to me that the individuals who programmed/designed this app must have had the intention to make it as painstaking as possible for those who just want the raw footage off of their camera, in order to force them to use the GoPro app and cloud storage I suppose?????????? 

For years I've thought of buying a GoPro, the ultimate cool sports camera. Now that I have it, I feel totally dooped by their attempt to control how I edit my own files.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @brutus1981

Were you able to test this with another phone?

You should be able to transfer your files from the app to the phone.

The file first goes to the GoPro app's media folder, but is up to 3x faster than before as it no longer needs to transcode your files. Check out this article for more info.

Thanks!

Ej