Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

why is a red light on hero 8

[ New ]

Just recently a red light appeared to the top left of the view screen on the back of the camera.  About the same time, maybe just slightly more recently (in the last week).  I can only can play audio on windows 7 or windows 10 computers.  I can view the videos on the gopro camera view screen however.

How do I turn off the red light?

How do I make videos available to be viewable on the computer?    

I use my gopro about every week, and haven't had this problem before.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: why is a red light on hero 8

[ New ]

@loyalcliff00360, to turn off the status lights in the camera, go to Preferences > General > LEDs. Set which status lights blink. Choose All On (default), All Off, or Front Off Only.

Additionally, performing a factory reset in the camera may help.

As for the playback problem on your computer, we have a few suggestions here How to Correct Choppy or Broken Up Playback that will help.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: why is a red light on hero 8

[ New ]

@loyalcliff00360, to turn off the status lights in the camera, go to Preferences > General > LEDs. Set which status lights blink. Choose All On (default), All Off, or Front Off Only.

Additionally, performing a factory reset in the camera may help.

As for the playback problem on your computer, we have a few suggestions here How to Correct Choppy or Broken Up Playback that will help.