Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

why are uploads so slow for a paid service?

Been trying to upload videos from GoPro Desktop App to the cloud, my computer has been running continiously for the past 3 days and its still not complete. its 90GB of videos which isn't that much. I have fibre 1Gbps and still network monitor shows it is only using less than 1Mbps?

And still you need to pay for the service because if you don't you lose everything you have uploaded to the cloud. I feel it is a bit of a rip-off to pay so much for an action camera then you need to pay for cloud storage that is extremely slow.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: why are uploads so slow for a paid service?

Hi @jevanp1

It can take quite a while to upload through Quik for Desktop, especially if you are uploading a large number of files to the cloud. For example, the initial sync with the cloud or a large upload could take hours, depending on how much content is being moved. After the first sync, we recommend importing consistently to Quik for Desktop to lessen the wait time. 

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi there, I upload regularly I only have 2 cameras and shoot video at 4k lets say I am just recording a day worth of content. It’s about 4 days now and I am sitting at 50% upload of 90GB of video content. This isn’t rocket science here to admit there must be something you can do to improve the quality of uploads to your amazon cloud server that sits in the US, I live in NZ if I hit that endpoint from here it is **bleep** slow regardless of the size of files, and let’s admit it GoPro files aren’t small when you shoot at 4k. We are paying for a cloud service and premium product but the after sales services are awful at the best.
Highlighted
Tourist

so slow... beyond a joke to be  honest.. come on gopro. you are a premium brand, please behave like one

@jevanp1 wrote:
Hi there, I upload regularly I only have 2 cameras and shoot video at 4k lets say I am just recording a day worth of content. It’s about 4 days now and I am sitting at 50% upload of 90GB of video content. This isn’t rocket science here to admit there must be something you can do to improve the quality of uploads to your amazon cloud server that sits in the US, I live in NZ if I hit that endpoint from here it is **bleep** slow regardless of the size of files, and let’s admit it GoPro files aren’t small when you shoot at 4k. We are paying for a cloud service and premium product but the after sales services are awful at the best.

Highlighted
Tourist

Only premium at pushing their product sale agenda but far below subpar after sales services. Hopefully DJI beats them at this to give GoPro a wake up call