Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

when i plug in my go pro hero it automatically defaults to windows editor instead of go pro quick

[ New ]

When I plug in my go pro hero to download media it automatically defaults to window media player instead of go pro quck.

GoPro

Re: when i plug in my go pro hero it automatically defaults to windows editor instead of go pro q...

[ New ]

Hi @scottr5112

What camera are you using?

Try changing the default program for photos/videos to Quik instead of the Windows Media Player.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: when i plug in my go pro hero it automatically defaults to windows editor instead of go pro q...

[ New ]

A Hero 1

Also my battery does not hold a charge anymore.  I may need to get a new camera but I dont really want to unless I can figure out the software issue.

Thanks

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @scottr5112

Do you get the same if the files are saved to your computer and manually added as a Media Folder in Quik?

How to Add Media Folders in Quik for desktop

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you 

Now it just freezes up and says gopro quick not responding.  I know my computer is excellent so I can only assume the program is corrupted.