Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

very slow upload

I have a hero 7 black and the gopro plus account.  When uploading from my camera, it is very slow.  Hours on 'starting upload.'  Is this normal?

Vic

GoPro

Re: very slow upload

Hi @vthed

Upload rate is dependent on the speed of your connection.

Have you tried using a different network?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

I have the same problem, just bought the gopro plus subscription and it is super slow.

Im uploading via the quik app on my imac desktop.

I have 1000Mbps fiber connection and I only get between 14-16Mbps upload speed.

I live in Sweden and and the program little snitch on my mac tells me the speed and that Im uploading to s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com,

if that is the case I understand why my speed is low .

are there not any other amazon servers in europe that I could upload to instead of server on the west cost, when I live in sweden?

Sightseer

I'm having the same problem.. It's painfully slow! I'm far from impressed with it. 

Sightseer

Painfully slow upload from hero7 to gopro plus!

My husband gave me the Hero7 as a present (i'm a cyclist) - for safety and also to capture some of the beautiful routes I cycle in different countries and cities.

1. Used it for the first time skiing a few weeks ago.

A. media was easy to download into my phone and computer, etc..

2. Decided to join the gopro plus - to download directly to the cloud and not use my phone or computer memory.

A. Started downloading into gopro plus five days ago - only downloaded 10 out of 31 videos so far!

B. Tried to download to computer with Quik and then add to gopro plus, still nothing happening (well at a speed of a snail or sloath!)

Can someone please tell me if there's an easy way? at the moment the gopro plus seems like a waste of money! Any suggestions? I'm getting ready to go to Majorca for a cycling trip and would like to be able to download the video each day.

Many thanks,

Arelis

Sightseer

Re: Painfully slow upload from hero7 to gopro plus!

I have a very fast wifi.  I found a much better upload rate using manual upload.  Still not fast, but better than auto for some reason .

Sightseer

I have the same problem.

Super, super, super slow.

I can upload to drop-box with no issue, but uploading to gopro plus is exhausting. This could very well end up being the reason I cancel.

Sightseer

Yeah I'm having the exact same problem.  Upload has been going for days!  And I'm still only 5% of my videos uploaded.  I'm curious if there is anyone who has actually had a good experience with go pro plus?  I haven't heard one good thing about go pro plus thus far.  I'm thinking I'll cancel as well.