Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: very slow upload

It is mid December and the terribly slow upload speeds are still there.  I'm in my initial free month - doesn't look like I will continue.  Rather than quickly uploading and sharing my recent video, this service takes hours.  The slowness is beyond slow - I actually wonder how they make it so slow.

My upload speed is 1,000 Mbps, (gig fiber), so problem is not on my end.  

Highlighted
Sightseer

I can't believe how slow the upload is for videos.  This shouldn't be that difficult to resolve.  

Highlighted
Tourist

I have a gopro Max I bought for a hunting trip in November 2019. I almost gave up on it uploading the videos, some of which were locked up video with only the sound coming out in real time. I used it at family Christmas party and left it running for a half hour a couple times...it is taking hours and hours to upload the first video. I thought it wasnt connecting right or that I was doing something wrong. It says 1/25....still with a spec of the blue circle showing uploading. Doesnt seem to make progress. Im pretty frustrated especially for paying 50.00 for it. I was going to try desktop apps and just pull the SD card but it doesnt sound like a great option either. Being advised to use a different cloud does not seem like a CEOs answer to a problem their company is having..I paid for this Cloud and I paid for it to work for these wonderful cameras we all love.. Being advised to use camera less doest seem like an option developers would give in to either so please...get this figured out lets us all know its a recognized problem being fixed, and our money was well spent.
Highlighted
Sightseer

I have 100down 20 up, and it takes over an hour to upload 1GB whereas Google Drive, Dropbox, iCloud takes few minutes. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

This still being a problem is extremely frustrating and unacceptable. My internet is not the problem. I have a 453 Mbit/s upload speed, but uploading to the cloud directly from the camera is ridiculously slow. It's been uploading for days and just a few files has been uploaded. The only reason I'm even uploading from the camera is because of the even more ridiculous reason...that all the files imported to the app is saved on my phones internal storage and not the SD card that has plenty of storage. Uploading to the cloud from the app is slow, but works. But that's not an option because I can't set the phones SD card as default storage. I can do it for every other app except the GoPro app. This also makes using other cloud services impossible. I don't have a computer, but still decided to spend alot of money on a Max and accessories because the app would be enough for my videos. If I would have known there's no way for me to use my footage I would have never bought it. The problems myself and many others are experiencing would be easy for GoPro to fix. But the fact that I keep finding posts from people complaining about these problems for years without GoPro doing anything about it leaves me with absolutely no hope. The cameras are good PLEASE make the software just as good!
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @vitallight32877

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Would you be able to test uploading via gopro.com?

Please copy a video from the app to your phone.

Login to your PLUS account, go to Media then upload the file.

See if the upload behaves the same.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

d.a.m.n now it even worse 1Mbps- 17Mbps connenting to gopro-media-uploads.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @eidurg46712

Is this when using your device's browser?

Thanks!

Ej