Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: very slow upload

Aragon - thank you for commenting on the post, and please don't take this as a rude reply, but we are already aware that the upload is shockingly slow - slower than any comparable service and slower than it really should be. What we want is a fix for this.

Are you aware if the GoPro tech team, first of all acknowledge this is an issue, secondly that they have pinpointed use cases that help identify a solution, and thirdly are working on a solution. If so, do we also have an idea when it will be fixed?

i think there's quite a lot of people see this is as a huge issue. Unfortunately this issue couples for me with my inability for the auto or manual upload to work directly from the device - which is covered by scores of other forum posts and people with the same issue. I am back weeks from trips to Africa and other locations, and my data is still not uploaded - a poor CX to be honest.

Your response is almost saying 'use your camera less'.  If you're going out every day over two weeks and shooting video, that's a lot do data to upload.  What should we do? Stop using the camera?

if you have any leverage, please escalate this topic to the tech team.

Thank you

Highlighted
GoPro

We have already raised this to the team @graybeach21746

As suggested above, if you need the files immediately, you can use other cloud services for your files.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

I Hear your Pain!   I have finally uploaded my vids and photos to my laptop, where I was hoping they would go straight to the cloud now I am trying to upload to create but nothing!  It lets me do nothing!!  I am so frustrated!

Highlighted
Tourist

I am facing the same problem. 40mbit upload so I should be able to upload at least ~15 GB an hour. Speedtest.net is backing up this upload speed. Though what I am looking at is really sloooooow. So the failure is definitly on go pro's end.

Highlighted
Sightseer

This 🙌🏼 I use AWS for my business, M3 Digital. It should not be a hard fix to be honest. I find myself extremely frustrated with the rate at which my videos upload. This alone will make me not renew my membership unless it is corrected by my next billing cycle. I can't seem to find a way around it! I have been uploading for 15 minutes from my ssd, and this is what the status is 🙄

When can the community expect a solution, @aragon1006?

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 1.02.00 PM.png

Highlighted
Tourist

This is insane. Why in the world even offer a product that is so inferior to the rest of the GoPro family. I'm am cancelling my subscription unless something happens in the next 24 hours to advise us we are doing something incorrectly or the system is having maintenance issues. Dropbox and other Clouds don't seem to have a problem? :o( 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Very slow here too. I'm on a 100mbps up and download speed *at work and its hours and days I'm waiting to upload. And even when its uploaded it takes ages to appear on the quick app. And then I have to wait hours again to download to edit using quick. This website is shocking to use too. And I'm far far far from impressed. Great having footage. Crap not being able to do anything with it...
Highlighted
Sightseer

The cloud upload speed is ridiculous. I have 250Mbit network and it took two hours to upload a 28 sec video.