Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: very slow upload

[ Edited ]

sorry double post

Highlighted
Hiker

@eidurg46712 wrote:

I tried the test and this is the resault connecting to west 2

270% improvment

but I don't know what that means

US-West-2 is the cloudlocation of the gopro-media-files.

That means, that the upload could be much faster, if gopro inc would

Highlighted
Tourist

Ok thank you. Now I just hope they see this post and fix the problem
Highlighted
Sightseer

Same problem here. Uploading from Norway..

Gopro needs to do something about this..

Uten navn.jpg

Highlighted
Tourist

I live in Singapore and travel alot and I take lots of photos and videos.  I'm trying to upload 120gig of data and its taken me a week running my computer 24/7 and I still have 20 gig left to load.  For me the gopro is just a tool and I should not have to go through this level of techical discussion only to explain why I can't do what gopro is promising that it can do.   When I play back from the cloud it is very choppy so i'm not sure if its worth it, unless Gopro can fix this I may start looking into other solutions to store my videos.

Highlighted
Tourist

Same for me - I came here to see if I was the only one having this.  This is madness.

Why the UK is trying to upload to AWS in the US I've no idea.  Please fix this, GoPro - this is ruining my experience presently.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I'm uploading from the west coast of the us and my upload is still taking forever and ever and ever and ever

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello!

It can take quite a while to upload through Quik for Desktop, especially if you are uploading a large number of files to the cloud. For example, the initial sync with the cloud or a large upload could take hours, depending on how much content is being moved. After the first sync, we recommend importing consistently to Quik for Desktop to lessen the wait time. 

Thanks!

Ej