Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

upload file to Gopro Plus did not work (Autoupload, gopro.com, Quik Desktopapp, Gopro iPhoneapp)

Hi Guys, 

i got my new GoPro 7 Black. I installed everything, i read all the articals and tryed it again and again. 

at home (100mbits down/40up) the auto upload (from hero 7) startes and goes on and an, but then, at nearly 99% it stops and says Network error - the hero 7 is 1 meter away from the Router.... 

Auto upload from the GoPro App isn't working - but active. Sometimes the cloud icon is there, sometimes not. 

Upload at gopro.com, well isn't working TOO (at the moment)! 7 Days ago it worked - now the upload fails (picture). But it just fails if the Video is bigger than 2gb. 

But the erorrmassage isn't there every time. Sometimes the upload freezes at 99% oder 99,999999999999999999999..%. 
and well, no its's not the Connection - i got nearly 1giga down and up. 

So, where is the Problem?

Gopro_fail.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: upload file to Gopro Plus did not work (Autoupload, gopro.com, Quik Desktopapp, Gopro iPhoneapp)

[ Edited ]

Hello @redstorm50336. Thank you for the feedback, and sorry for the trouble. Our team is aware of the issue and is working on it. We will keep you posted once we hear back from them. Best regards!

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: upload file to Gopro Plus did not work (Autoupload, gopro.com, Quik Desktopapp, Gopro iPhoneapp)

Any updates on this? My camera has been uploading video 1/7 for hours now and has barely moved. Am I doing something wrong? Regards, stephen
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @peppydawn343. The amount of time necessary to upload your footage is dependent on a number of factors, namely your network speed and amount of content. What type of files are being uploaded? Are those video files? Would you have information regarding the file size of the video/s that you are uploading? Is the camera kept in range of the Wi-Fi network? These details will help us isolate the source of the trouble with uploading. 

Also, if you have not tried the other methods yet, please have a go at them and let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Sightseer

This has been an ongoing issue for me and gopro has done NOTHING to help. What am I paying you monthly for? **bleep**ing get it together.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Same.  We just got the GoPro 7 Black and it is just not uploading completely.  We have ultra high-speed internet, the wifi signal is strong, but it is only uploading small clips. The larger files get error messages.   It also does not automatically start uploading when plugged in and at 100%.  We are still on the free trial with Plus - and if this doesn't get fixed soon we won't be staying.  Very disappointed.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @michaelm55088 @daringvist25842

It can take quite a while to upload through Quik for Desktop, especially if you are uploading a large number of files to the cloud. For example, the initial sync with the cloud or a large upload could take hours, depending on how much content is being moved. After the first sync, we recommend importing consistently to Quik for Desktop to lessen the wait time. 

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

I am currently having a similar issue. As well as other issue for this pay service. I even paid for an entire year upfront.

My GoPro randomly syncs on auto. I have had it plugged in and charged to 100% for the last 24 hours. It has yet to even attempt to sync. I tried manual and it just sits saying checking for new media. I have 3 videos at a total of like 2 minutes and still unable to get them to upload.

If I knew this was the case I would have just offloaded the files to my phone and then put them on my own personal cloud. GoPro makes this service sound very convenient but the truth is it is easier to take the time to just put the file in your own Dropbox or other cloud service and view or download them as needed. As a new subscriber to this service I am highly disappointed! This services quality and reliability is a drastic let down compared to the cameras it serves. I would not recommend this service to anyone until it can make the quality of the cameras themselves. I mean let’s just be real. The cameras are expensive and now you want people to pay a premium for a service the is subpar compared to a free cloud service such as google even. What a shame.