Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

time lapse feature

[ New ]

Hi,

I just purchased a Hero Black 8. The purpose of getting it was to record work projects in the time lapse mode to show the work getting done, project progress etc. I have been told different things regarding the time lapse feature, and was hoping someone could clear it up once and for all. I thought it easier if I list the questions numerically below:

1. Can the camera record for 2 hours in time lapse mode?

2. When going to pull the 2 hour file off of my SD card, onto my PC for editing, will it be one file? or will it many different files?

3. Can the Quik software merge these files (if it turns there are multiple files) into one continuos time lapse video for editing into one continuos video?

4. If the Quik software cannot do this editing, could someone reccommend a good software that could achive this?

Thank you all.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: time lapse feature

[ New ]

Hi @peppylift106

Here are some links you may check:

HERO8 Black Recording Time in Each Video Setting

GoPro Camera File Chaptering Information

Programs to View and Edit Videos

You may also explore GoPro Labs. However, this is currently available for Time Lapse Photo.

The Labs’ firmware allows for much longer time-lapses, on the internal battery alone, by powering off the camera between photos (sorry no video mode time-lapse.) It also supports intervals beyond 60 seconds. A fully charged HERO8 can take around 400 photos, which you can spread over several hours or several days for long form time-lapse. 

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: time lapse feature

[ New ]

Hi @peppylift106

Here are some links you may check:

HERO8 Black Recording Time in Each Video Setting

GoPro Camera File Chaptering Information

Programs to View and Edit Videos

You may also explore GoPro Labs. However, this is currently available for Time Lapse Photo.

The Labs’ firmware allows for much longer time-lapses, on the internal battery alone, by powering off the camera between photos (sorry no video mode time-lapse.) It also supports intervals beyond 60 seconds. A fully charged HERO8 can take around 400 photos, which you can spread over several hours or several days for long form time-lapse. 

Thanks!

Ej