Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

"Error Processing Video" on all cloud trims

[ New ]

Every time I try to trim Hero 9 videos on the GoPro cloud I will get an error message saying "error processing video". I was in contact with GoPro support and their excuse was that the GoPro cloud cant handle 5k video trimming efficiently so I will need to download my videos and find another 3rd party desktop app to trim videos. I will not be able to download and trim to my desktop because I dont have enough space to accomodate that, which Is the reason why I paid for GoPro plus (cloud). Does anyone have a solution that will actually work? or should I accept that the GoPro cloud will not function properly with 5k videos?

PS. I have 1000mbps internet speed, I cleared my cookies/tried a seperate browser, and I still receive the error code.

GoPro

Re: "Error Processing Video" on all cloud trims

[ New ]

Hello, @darthnoot. Are you able to trim and save trimmed videos on the Cloud for media not recorded in 5K? 

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes, ive tried videos from 1080p, 4k, and 5k. Only the first trim of any video will save, if i try to trim a video more than once it will not work regardless of the definition. GoPro support told me that the Cloud service is not considered to be reliable for trimming GoPro videos and that I should purchase a 3rd party app and edit my videos on my PC instead. The problem is that I paid for the GoPro cloud to trim and edit my GoPro videos so why should GoPro users have to go and buy other apps when GoPro advertises that their cloud can trim and save GoPro content?   

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @darthnoot

All resolutions should be compatible with the cloud.

How are these videos initially uploaded to the cloud?

Have you tried using a different browser when trimming the files?

Please try signing in again via gopro.com/login

You may also send us a screenshot of the error.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I can upload all my videos to the cloud but its the trimming function which is the problem. I can only trim each video a maximum of 1 time.

If I try to trim a video twice it will say "processing error" every time. I have tried all the steps you listed when I was in contact with GoPro support, these videos are initially uploaded via sd card heres a screenshot of what happens if I try to trim a video more than once.

GoPro Media Library - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge 2020-11-25 4_28_36 PM.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks, @darthnoot

I am not able to replicate this.

I was able to save 3 trimmed files from a 4K video.

This was done on Google Chrome.

How long are the videos you are working on?

And how long are the trimmed files you are trying to save?

Have you tried using a different browser or another device?

Thanks!

Ej