Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

quick desktop files missing. Log into acct. and all my previous media are gone .Please help located

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: quick desktop files missing. Log into acct. and all my previous media are gone .Please help loca

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the update, @kenkineff. Have you also checked the Trash folder in your Mac computer?

As I've mentioned, media files that are imported to Quik for Desktop will be locally saved into your computer. Once these files are removed from the import location folder and/or your computer drive, they will no longer show up in Quik for Desktop's Media list.

What I would suggest is that you can look for file recovery programs that may help you recover these files in your computer.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: quick desktop files missing. Log into acct. and all my previous media are gone .Please help l...

Hi @kenkineff,

Did you just recently reinstalled the application? What were the changes made in your computer since the last time you were able to see your GoPro media files in Quik for Desktop?

Once you import your GoPro contents through Quik for Desktop, these files are saved into a "GoPro" folder in your computer (usually under Pictures/Photos folder). You can try to locate this folder and see if your media files are still in there. Or maybe the contents were just accidentally moved out of the folder.

Hopefully this helps!

Ann

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: quick desktop files missing. Log into acct. and all my previous media are gone .Please help loca

I tried looking for files on my MacBook but they are completely gone. Can seem to find them anywhere on my Mac or Quick account
Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the update, @kenkineff. Have you also checked the Trash folder in your Mac computer?

As I've mentioned, media files that are imported to Quik for Desktop will be locally saved into your computer. Once these files are removed from the import location folder and/or your computer drive, they will no longer show up in Quik for Desktop's Media list.

What I would suggest is that you can look for file recovery programs that may help you recover these files in your computer.