Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

object tracking

[ New ]

I wish GoPro player on the mac would have object tracking so my reframing would be easier and faster...

any tricks to perform it as insta360 have?

GoPro

Re: object tracking

[ New ]

Thank you for the feedback, @nabulaer. What does this feature do? Will you be able to provide us some descriptions? We will definitely share this feedback with our App team. 

Tourist

[ New ]

hi,

thanks for the reply, yes I can: when I video my self doing action sport with go pro max and then go to app to reframe I have to keep the subject(me) in the frame so I go and add keyframes to make sure I am in the frame. if I can use object tracking like when using DJI drone active track software, to mark my subject and the app analyzes the video and add keyframes to make the subject in the frame it will allow me to prepare my videos to the transcoding queue a lot faster result in a faster workflow to edit and share videos.

usually, When I use my max I just hold it in rec for long period of time resulting in large files that take long to transfer and even longer to go over and add keyframes.

GoPro

[ New ]

We appreciate the input, @nabulaer. We will pass this along to the team. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Gopro Max should definitely have the same / better function of such "deep track" which insta 360 has updated with their software.

when I am reframing my gopro max video with gopro player, everytime the object (me) is out of frame or center of the frame, 

I have to reframe to set the object (me) in the frame.

without the object tracking function, it is not only inconvinient, but also the video looks less smooth.

you may check link below what insta 360 is doing.

https://youtu.be/_bw95DN80i8

i have my faith in gopro that you can do better than insta360.

please update the software. 

thank you.

Insta360 Studio 3.5.0 has 8 NEW FEATURES - check out the latest updates in this video. You can buy the ONE R here: https://www.insta360.com/sal/one_r?insrc=I...
Hiker

[ New ]

Any news about subiect tracking in gopro max? insta 360 just released next camera with that option.

Sightseer

[ New ]

The Rylo could do this.  GoPro purchased Rylo. You should have access to this tech.

It made keyframing videos from skiing, for instance, really easy.  If I want to follow someone and then keep them the center of an extended sequence, it automatically keeps them there and they won't float out of the screen if they speed up, slow down, or get away from me.  As it is now, I have to manually adjust the keyframes to follow them, which makes it seem way less smooth. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Honestly I was really surprised (in bad way), that GoPro MAX (with 360 angle) doesnt have auto object tracking. I though it just simply comes with action cameras and can save huge amout of time. You can not even do it in the app? Comon! And what is worse, you can not even do it automaticlly in PowerDirector, Pinnacle and not even Premiere. Still making hundreds and hundreds of keyframes in crop and zoom spending bunch of time like in 90'? I am just wondering where is a problem? Drones know ho to do so (Active Track 3.0.), security cameras know how to do so... And NOW! insta360 knows how. GoPro doestn!

Sightseer

[ New ]
It's a sign of how bad GoPro is doing financially.

I miss Rylo. That camera was a million times better then my gopro max. It's only problems we overheating and lense fogging in the waterproof case. But, I learned to manage that.

The biggest problems with the Max is it doesn't have Active tracking in the APP, and in my opinion the stitch line between the two lenses is much worse then the Rylo.

Come on GoPro!
Tourist

[ New ]
Hello,
It took me a while but I have found a way to track without key frames. Well , actually to make the key frames automatically. Hit the 3 dots menu when in key frame mode and choose over capture. This will allow recording camera movement with your phone gyro. It is alot faster then setup key frames. Not really shown in most video tutorials.