Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: not able to import

This is happening to me too. GoPro Hero 7 Black was importing just fine using GoPro Quik and Mac OS 10.14 Mojave, but stopped as soon as I updated to Mac OS 10.15. My "connected devices" interface looks exactly like the other two screenshots that were posted, but I attached a screenshot of my situation anyway.

@jefft you mentioned:

"For additional help beyond the steps outlined above"

Do you mean this, from @graytree76514:

"Manually copy and paste your file from your SD card to your Mac. 

You can only do that if you are using an SD card adapter or an SD card reader."

?

Because if so, and since I don't own an SD card reader, I don't find this helpful at all.

There are three others in this thread that report the same service breaking issue. Are we all supposed to start opening support tickets? If so, where? The only places I'm finding relating to support are here and a contact us form.

Screen Shot 2019-12-15 at 9.56.40 PM.png
Highlighted
Tourist

I just looked at the contact form and I am a little confused here.

Are you suggesting that communicating back and forth through email, starting from a contact form using a single line input field labeled "Reason for Contact" and no file upload, is better suited for solving our issue than this forum?

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

I'm suggesting reaching out to one of our Support agents. We don't provide support by email, but you can chat or talk to an agent in real-time and we can try to solve the issue with you. The "Reason for Contact" is just a headline so the agent can prep some information for you before you connect.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Mac OS 10.15.2

I have the same problem. Yesterday I performed the three procedures suggested here:
1. Reformat card
2. Reset my camera to factory settings
3. Check that My SD card is one of the recommended ones.
Without solution. The same problem continues to occur.
Today I spoke with a GoPro technical support agent.
We have done different tests and have not been able to solve it. He has suggested that I do the import manually (without using GoPro Quick) or try using a Windows computer. It seems incredible. I can't believe that from now on I won't be able to use GoPro Quick to import the contents of my GoPro Hero 7 Black

This happens since the last update of GoPro (V 01.90) therefore it is a problem that GoPro should solve

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

@jefft 

As expected, the help provided via your contact us form did not yield any further support.

@josepb just recently commented:

"Today I spoke with a GoPro technical support agent. We have done different tests and have not been able to solve it. He has suggested that I do the import manually (without using GoPro Quick) or try using a Windows computer. It seems incredible. I can't believe that from now on I won't be able to use GoPro Quick to import the contents of my GoPro Hero 7 Black"

If you have an up to date mac right now, and no SD card, you cannot load your GoPro videos on to your computer.

GoPro apparently has no solution or ETA on a fix for this bug.

Your software is broken. Please tell us either:

1. GoPro is aware of the issue and are looking into a fix.
  2. GoPro will not be looking into the issue.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone!

We have just tested a couple of cameras(HERO8 Black, HERO7 Black and HERO6 Black) on WIndows and Mac, the camera and files were detected.

If connecting the camera via the cable, launch Quik, plug the camera then power it on.

Using an SD card adapter should also work.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

@aragon1006  ha escrito:

Hello Everyone!

We have just tested a couple of cameras(HERO8 Black, HERO7 Black and HERO6 Black) on WIndows and Mac, the camera and files were detected.

If connecting the camera via the cable, launch Quik, plug the camera then power it on.

Using an SD card adapter should also work.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

It does not work. This is the status that GoPro Quick shows and does not progress at any time. Mac Os 10.15.2 

Captura de Pantalla 2019-12-18 a les 16.39.57.png

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hello @aragon1006 !

Thanks for letting us know that you haven't been able to reproduce the issue.

The issue only occurred with MacOS 10.15, not a general "Windows and Mac" like you mentioned in your post. MacOS 10.14.* was fine.

Can you please clarify which version of MacOS you are testing this with?