Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

my video upload in GoPro Plus had sound at first and now its gone- what gives ?

[ New ]

sound was there when it first uploaded but has been on and off since then (now totally off) - what the heck!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: my video upload in GoPro Plus had sound at first and now its gone- what gives ?

[ New ]

@13ltc13, the cloud will show the clips as how they were uploaded -- if you're seeing the individual chapters in the app, the same segments should also be available in the cloud. Chaptered files when put together with editing software will play seamlessly as if they were never chaptered, and when played back from the camera directly will also play through as one continuation. See GoPro Camera File Chaptering Information for further reference.

If the playback problem only happens when using a web browser, if you haven't yet, try again after clearing cache and cookies or using a different browser. You may also explore using an incognito browser, or connecting to a different Wi-Fi to see if it makes a difference.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: my video upload in GoPro Plus had sound at first and now its gone- what gives ?

[ New ]

@13ltc13, thanks for reaching out. Do you get the same results when playing back the uploaded video through the GoPro App (cloud tab)? What about when accessing the media through a web browser https://gopro.com/login?

Sightseer

[ New ]

I don't have a cloud tab on my iphones GoPro App....  so the issue has been thru any web browser- sometimes it works- most of the time no sound... and if I download it, no sound!

It sucks!

Also I can't figure out how to stitch all the chapters together without adding a bunch of weird effects

Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

@13ltc13, the "cloud" tab should be in the media section of the GoPro App (see my sample screenshot below). If you don't see this tab, make sure that you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed on your mobile device.

When accessing the files through a web browser, does the issue with the audio happens on all footage, or only some of the files are affected? Were these videos recorded using the regular video mode, or TimeWarp/TimeLapse mode?

Which app did you use when you edited the videos? See if the effects can be disabled or removed from the project. 

Sightseer

[ New ]
Doesn’t work in cloud tab either. The cloud has the full length ~ hour long video recorder in normal mode. My iPhone app has the 5 individual chapters. They work fine on my phone. I finally ( in frustration) downloaded to my photos and stitched them together in iMovie since I couldn’t find a way to do it in the app without adding weird affects

Other media in the cloud works fine but I’m seeing zero advantage to having the cloud so likely gonna cancel my storage there
GoPro

[ New ]

@13ltc13, the cloud will show the clips as how they were uploaded -- if you're seeing the individual chapters in the app, the same segments should also be available in the cloud. Chaptered files when put together with editing software will play seamlessly as if they were never chaptered, and when played back from the camera directly will also play through as one continuation. See GoPro Camera File Chaptering Information for further reference.

If the playback problem only happens when using a web browser, if you haven't yet, try again after clearing cache and cookies or using a different browser. You may also explore using an incognito browser, or connecting to a different Wi-Fi to see if it makes a difference.