Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

my mac (2019) wont let me upload any gopro max footage, gopro quik isnt recognizing any of my gopros

i tried restarting my mac, iv tried everything. My photos app recognizes the gopro max and i can see the files but when i try to import it wont let me. anyone know whats happening here?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: my mac (2019) wont let me upload any gopro max footage, gopro quik isnt recognizing any of my...

@crh13, Quik for Desktop will not work MAX. You'll need the GoPro Player to transform your 360 footage into epic traditional videos and photos you can edit and share. If you also want to keep the 360 settings for your videos, export without reframing and you’ll get spherical .mp4 files that can be edited and shared on select platforms.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: my mac (2019) wont let me upload any gopro max footage, gopro quik isnt recognizing any of my...

i appreciate that, thanks. im still having the issue of getting the footage onto my computer, iv imported thousands of times but somethings wrong here

Highlighted
Nomad

What these "GoPro" mods/agenst/whatever don't really want to tell you is that none of the GoPro software is currently able to transfer their new .360 format footage from the MAX, their skirt around the topic...

If you have GoPro Quik loaded, you will see it pop up with the usual message that it's connected and transferring files, but what it's only trasferring are the LRV and THM files...NOT the actual video footage so it creates the new folders, you go there and there's no video files.....

The only way to get footage out the new Max is to take the SD card out and load it via a card reader onto your machine....THEN you can go ahead and use the new software to convert the new .360 files into a usable format either by re-framing and then export to "flat" 1080P files

OR

direct export from their software as 360 footage without editing as equirectangular footage.....

then you can use other editing software like Premier Pro and the new GoPro FX reframe plugin (only really working in the 2019 version of PP).

Hope you come right....

Highlighted
Sightseer

It seems crazy that GoPro's own apps via desktop can not handle its own camera footage.  I would like to see the board meeting on that one... hey boss we have a great 360 camera, cool, but we can't get the footage to download to our Quik application.  Should we still release the camera? Yes, they can just transfer it to their phones....oh ok should we work on an update.... no.