Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist
Accepted Solution

my gopro Hero session gets really hot

I went swimmming and took some submarine photos (even though I didn't dive), as I do every day in Balearic waters. When I came out, a bit rolled up by the waves, I noticed my gopro Hero session had switched to video, so I turn it off, dried it and put it back in its bag. When I came back home, the camera was really hot and nothing was working. I had to put in in the breeze so it cool down. Afterwards, I tried to connect it to my computer with windows 10 but it didn't even recognized it, insisting ended up spitting there was an unknown thing on the usb cable. No lights, neither blue or red showed up on the camera. I really love taking submarine pictures with my gopro hero session. What can I do?

GOPR0562.JPG

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: my gopro Hero session gets really hot

@fredromano - If you suspect that there has been water damage, the best option is to contact our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus.

As a note, the Session cameras can get warm when in use and especially when being charged. It should not get hot, but it can feel warm to the touch. However, if it's not powering on at all, that's going to be an issue for our Support team.

Thanks,

Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

@fredromano - If you suspect that there has been water damage, the best option is to contact our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus.

As a note, the Session cameras can get warm when in use and especially when being charged. It should not get hot, but it can feel warm to the touch. However, if it's not powering on at all, that's going to be an issue for our Support team.

Thanks,

Jeff

Tourist

It's very difficult to reach your support chat and times for opening changes all the time from PST to WET... but I don't suspect any water entrance! Please, there is no easy email to contact your support?

GoPro Community Manager

Sorry, but we do not start new cases by email - only by chat or by phone. The hours for our Western Europe Support team are different than the hours for the US. They should be available there during local business hours.