Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

my GoPro 7 Black never connects with Samsung A50 - WiFi not compatible

Hi, In four days of trying to connect my 7Black to an A50 Samsung, I just reached a few seconds of image , due to unstable or not compatible WiFi signal. With a network survey on the smartphone, I can really see how poori signal is present.

Actally, I'm trying to install the quick pgm on my Asus to get the update wired.

And so far, it doesn't seem to be accessible ...

THX for help.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: my GoPro 7 Black never connects with Samsung A50 - WiFi not compatible

Hi @boldhike68062,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. The GoPro App connection issue with Samsung A50 device is something that has already been raised to our team. We're working on full support for your Android device and many others in the future. In the meantime, apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Alternatively, you may install the firmware update on your HERO7 Black camera via the manual process. Follow the manual update instructions specified on this article: Software Update Instructions for HERO7 Cameras

Let us know how it works for you.

Kind Regards,
Ann

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for kindness of a personal answer.

Of course, Y tried and succeeded to install an update for the Hero 7 Black. At first, You must knox that the link that shoud open to the Android version doesn't work. So I loaded succesfully and tried the Apple one. Than, my cam began to be unstable on it's own: the "camera" default option became replaced by the "Photo" option unpredictably. And of course, no improvement regarding the remote of the smartphone. So I came back to the factory settings that work great. But I think that I'll have shortly the problem of ancient files with the same name as new ones ... must check this.

My major remark would be in this technical case, that I've downloaded a WiFi survey app, and trying to watch after the cam's signal, it almost never appears !! ( it is not predictable).

So, respectfully, I'm waiting for a proposal of solution that would bother none of us. But if it will never do, let me know ! And that woud not be fine.

I'm 70, retired and my job was sound engineer for the national Radio and Televison from Belgium. Digital World doesn't make me afraid !

Sinceerly Yours, s.

Highlighted
GoPro

@boldhike68062, we'll do our best to keep everyone posted once new information is available. Anyhow, I'm glad to know that you were able to successfully install the firmware update of your HERO7 Black camera using a different (iOS) device.

When you said that your camera began to be unstable on its own having the "camera" default option replaced by "photo" option randomly, are you referring to QuikCapture? When your camera is powered off (with QuikCapture enabled), pressing the Shutter button once will automatically start the video recording, press and hold the Shutter button for a few seconds for Time Lapse photos. Then, press again to stop recording and power off the camera.

Otherwise, if you weren't referring to QuikCapture, can you please tell us more about the issue?

Highlighted
Tourist

This Hadès nothing toi do smith tant attempt offre connections.,I dont remember précisent, but unexpectedly,the caméra sélection was switching toi photo ... offre course, this happened while usine Somme programming fonctions, such as in the menu.
Highlighted
Tourist

This "switch to photo camera" occured while running throug the menu.

Highlighted
GoPro

@boldhike68062, if the camera is randomly switching modes with it being remotely controlled (via GoPro App or Smart Remote), reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the manual update instructions specified in this article: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras 

It is important to make sure that the camera is updated to the latest firmware and that a recommended SD card is used. There is a list of recommended cards here for your reference. If you are already using one, has updated the camera already, and is still experiencing the same "random mode switching" issue in the camera, our Support team will be able to assist you further. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs.

Highlighted
Tourist

I have also problem with WIFI connection of my Samsung A50 and GoPro HERO 7 Black.
Bluetooth is paired, no problem, but it is impossible to connect with WIFI.
Sometimes I can see the WIFI from camera in my list of WIFIs on my phone but I cant connect.

GoPro App updated, Camera updated, Phone updated. Tried factory reset, clear WIFI list, Delete camera from App, Airplane mode, everything...