Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: my GoPro 7 Black never connects with Samsung A50 - WiFi not compatible

[ New ]

I got same issue

Sightseer

[ New ]
Такая же проблема! Невозможно управлять, просматривать, передавать материалы на Samsung a50. В чем дело? Каа лечить?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone. Based on the Android OS that you have, your device supports the latest version of the GoPro App. The connectivity issue observed may be due to the Bluetooth of the A50.Our team is looking into the issue to see what can be done to establish some form of connectivity with the Samsung A50 phone. We will keep you posted. 

Tourist

[ New ]
I also have the same problem. I have a Samsung A50 and can't connect to my brand new hero 7 black. Everything is updated and already tried the suggested troubleshooting. Can't find a way to make it work and I'm getting frustrated with this problem.
Any suggestion?
Sightseer

[ New ]
Also have a similar issue. Just bought a Hero 8. I can connect my new Samsung A50 via bluetooth but I'm unable to go as far as control camera or view media, etc over wifi. Updated the camera, the app, my phone. No luck. I'm sad.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone, 

A new version of the GoPro App has been released today. Please make sure that you have the latest version of the GoPro App (v6.2.2) installed. After the update, restart your phone, clear cache (cache only, not data) in the App settings on your phone, and try pairing with the camera again. Connectivity should be working this time. 

We'd love to hear back from you on how it goes on your end. Should you notice any further issues, please let us know by replying to this post and providing the following details:  

A brief description of the issue and what you have tried

• GoPro App version
  • Camera model and firmware version (e.g. HERO8 Black v1.20)
  • Phone Model (e.g. iPhone 7 or Samsung Galaxy S8)
  • Mobile OS (e.g. iOS 13.1.2 or Android 9.0)

Many thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Found the solution to connect android to gopro!!! 

I Enabled developer mode on Samsung A50 and my phone is able to connect to gopro and control it with all features.

Use these seps https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-turn-on-the-developer-options-menu-on-my-...

Spent a lot of time doing appreciate if you can like my Insta blog and subscribe to youtube channel for amazing motorcycle adventure gopro videos 

https://www.instagram.com/getsetride/?hl=en

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw22fp7DNF0nESTvQUTbRdw?

Regards

Jay