Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

max files not detected

Does anyone have the same problem? Trying to import Max 360 files and photos but not detected on GoPro Quik for mac?

Quik version is the latest, 2.7 (downloaded it fresh and installed) 

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 09.08.13.png
Highlighted
Tourist

Betreff: max files not detected

Ja, auch ich habe das Problem.

Fängt schon damit an, das mein Computer die GOPRO MAX nicht erkennt.

Alles probiert, aber der Treiber von Microsoft scheint falsch zu sein.

Dann halt die SD eingesteckt. Und.......Quik lädt keine 360 Dateien runter,

wie bei Dir, werden keine Dateien erkannt.

Dazu noch das Problem, das ich ein Iphone 8 habe, wo es ein Rendering Bug gibt, wo alle Iphone 8 besitzer

nicht nutzbare Videos bekommen.

Heißt für mich... Ich kann die GOPRO Max im Moment nur zum Aufnehmen benutzen, aber mit keinem Gerät

Videos rendern.

Dafür war sie aber gedacht.

Gruß

Frank

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

@sawu wrote:

Ja, auch ich habe das Problem.

Fängt schon damit an, das mein Computer die GOPRO MAX nicht erkennt.

Alles probiert, aber der Treiber von Microsoft scheint falsch zu sein.

Dann halt die SD eingesteckt. Und.......Quik lädt keine 360 Dateien runter,

wie bei Dir, werden keine Dateien erkannt.

Dazu noch das Problem, das ich ein Iphone 8 habe, wo es ein Rendering Bug gibt, wo alle Iphone 8 besitzer

nicht nutzbare Videos bekommen.

Heißt für mich... Ich kann die GOPRO Max im Moment nur zum Aufnehmen benutzen, aber mit keinem Gerät

Videos rendern.

Dafür war sie aber gedacht.

Gruß

Frank

Yes it was really annoying, GoPro should update the Quik for desktop so it can recognize the .360 files on the max, even the .jpg files from the max.

My Temporary solution

1. For Mac is... Copy directly the .360 files from the MicroSD to the Mac and open using the GoPRo Player and also edit the .360 files. There is also something missing from the GoPro Player for Mac, it's the ability to add song.. So after Editing and Reframing using the GoPro Player on Mac, I have to edit it again on iMovie just to add song to it.

2. For Windows PC. I have to use the GoPro Max Exporter and then Edit on Adobe Premiere with the Beta version of the Reframe Plugin, which was not very user friendly to use.

3. On Phone, I am using android phone (xiaomi mi9) and it was buggy, sometimes I can Render after Reframe using GoPro App, but most of the time I got render error, stuck on 45% or 55%.

The Quik Desktop App itself was meant only for Hero cameras, so GoPro have to think about upgrading or adding feature to edit the Max 360 files quickly.

best regards,

Dendy

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

Same here, very disappointed MAX owner after only 2 hours wih it...coming from Fusion, I was under he impression that I was upgrading...Quik sees the MAX bu no files to import...so now take the card out.....upload with SD card reader, import into VR Player....export to readable file then only import into Premier Pro?????

No man, surely not ?????

Highlighted
Hiker

So far that's the way it is. For me, using the phone or mac is the best solution, but it is not a win win solution for windows user.

For Mac, the gopro viewer can edit and reframe with ease, but for windows user, gopro should create an independent software like the gopro viewer for mac, and add compability to the quik for desktop to be able to import the max files.
Highlighted
Nomad

Man, what a schlep...the old Fusion desktop app was supposed to do the same as Quik...open, copy then delete automaticaly (if you choose those options in settings)...but it never did so it was a manual copy through the app but at least I didn't have to remove the SD cards and import each image into the Fusion app for stitching....remember THOSE days....

So I did take the Max SD card out and coverted the .360 file to ProRes mp4 and it went fine...just seen a few issues with stiching...some shadows along the stitch lines....will have to do more tests on that...

One thing....the new FX reframe plugin for Premier Pro is super powerful and a great improvement....

So hopefully GP will update the Quik software to allow seamless transfer of stitched files automatically...or come out with a new MAX desktop app similar to the Fusion one...they did say improved workflow but I'm now guessing they were referring to MOBILE apps like the other 360 camera companies who have focussed on mobile editing....

So come on GoPro (Nick you reading this, I know)....a lot of holes for a new product!

(Off to check out the 8 now and hopefully that will be painless!!)