Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
GoPro Community Manager

Re: login problem

@superflame2014 - It's not a systemic issue. We're generally able to help everyone get connected (or find out what's blocking them). If you contact our team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus, we'll help get you set up.

Thanks,

Jeff 

Sightseer

@jefft Maybe my message wan't clear enough : I already contacted the support. Didn't work out. Still facing the saeme issue. This thread seems long enought with so many people facing the same problem, you should consider there is some kind of bug in the authentification process on Quick.

Don't get me wrong, I work in the IT... :)

Tourist

I have the same problem :-(

Trying to edit footage after being without using my GP for a long while... very frustrating, I am almost giving up and simply giving up on the GP. This is the sort of stuff that should not ever happen, why do we even have to authenticate

Tourist

Isn't it funny, if you read Jefft's message above, he says "there's NO systemic problem."

Do these guys have their eyes shut ??????? OR, is it, "don't confuse us with facts, our mind's made up!" ???

Give me a break, OPEN YOUR EYES GOPRO, listen and read what your customers are saying, THERE IS A MAJOR ISSUE WITH THE "QUICK" SOFTWARE, for god sake DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT and stop telling us, there isn't an issue !!!!!!

Sightseer

I'm having the exact same issue. Figured the newer software would work as i need to adjust some older Gopro footage but i cant get past the log in. Email and passwords are correct but still cant get in. very annoying when i need to get a client project done but unable to adjust my footage. 

gopro issue.jpg
Tourist

same issue here - was fine for a few days - stayed logged in from original launch - then I had to log in and freezes - uninstalled reinstalled - rebooted PC - nothing has worked. Email into support since 4/3 - no response yet other than the initial with case #. Running Windows 10 here. Hard to find time to call support but may need to. In the meantime edits are way behind.

Any new info from anyone???

Tourist

I'll throw my name into the pot. Same issue. Running OS X 10..12.4.

I've been told before my video memory isn't sufficient....could this really be the issue?

I've "Forced Quit" (or killed) all the GoPro-labelled processes. Then relaunched Quik. It sometimes helps (random) and I get into my files and importing happens. Most times...I try over-and-over.

This appears to be common enough...instead it appears we're all getting spun.... am I missing something?

Tourist

@alohagooch wrote:

I'll throw my name into the pot. Same issue. Running OS X 10..12.4.

I've been told before my video memory isn't sufficient....could this really be the issue?

I've "Forced Quit" (or killed) all the GoPro-labelled processes. Then relaunched Quik. It sometimes helps (random) and I get into my files and importing happens. Most times...I try over-and-over.

This appears to be common enough...instead it appears we're all getting spun.... am I missing something?

Nope, you are not missing a thing, video memory is just a straw they are clutching to. The PLAIN AND SIMPLE TRUTH IS: they just just have no idea and are using the addage, "if you can't convince em, confuse em!" I have been in touch with Support for the past 2 months and they just have NO IDEA.

I have suggested that they need to go back to the drawing board and re-engineer it from the ground up. They did bring out an up[date which does sweet bugger all.

It makes me mad when they say there is NO SYSTEMIC PROBLEM, sorry, that is bulldung !! Don't they read these forums.

I have resorted to Apple's iMovie to get my jobs done, but as I haven't used it for years, trying to relearn it again, and like GoPro Apple stuffed up a good program. At least with iMovie you can edit multiple cameras easily and add picture in picture which I did on my last project.

WHY do these companies upgrade programs without PROPERLY BETA TESTING THEM ????

IF IT AINT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT, is what I think.