Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: login problem

I'm having the same problem, yet ironically i had to loggin to post this reply, so i know my password and e-mail is correct... Did anyone find a solution?

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

This thread is pretty old and refers to some versions of our software that are now out of date. If you are having issues logging in, please download and install the latest version of Quik for Desktop at https://shop.gopro.com/softwareandapp/quik-%7C-desktop/Quik-Desktop.html.

Our team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus can help with these issues as well.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

The thread is pretty old but the problem persists. I'm new gopro camera user, so I obviously downloaded latest version of Quik. I experienced the same issue - login failed. It is possible there are several scenarios to reproduce the problem, for me the problem was proxy setting. To reproduce the scenario, simply connect your computer with installed Quik to the network behind proxy. Set correct proxy in your browser settings and you can browse internet. But you cannot login to your account using Quik app. Solution: add manual proxy setting to quik app or read system setting. Do not assume that there is no proxy. Workaround: connect your computer to the network without proxy - for laptop it's easy, just move to the area with different wifi network. For my desktop computer - I created usb hotspot on my smartphone and I connected the phone to the computer via usb cable. I disabled the network connection with proxy and I used the newly created network connection. I logged successfully this time to the gopro account. The connection/logon is required on first use only, so you can switch to your original network connection after successful login. Downloading the latest version of the software will not work until manual proxy setting is supported in Quik
Highlighted
Tourist

I have just gone to the new Australian fibre optic network which involved getting a new modem and internet settings.

I decided to give it ONE LAST go, and VOILA, it works !!!! :o)))) PROBLEM SOLVED.

Seems like all the old proxy settings that were causing issues on my home network have been alleviated with transferring to the fibre optic network.

NOW to see what changes there are to the editing suite for GoPro.

Who's a happy chappy.........

Highlighted
Tourist

is there any other way to update the firmware on the gopro?

the issue is still here. can not authenticate and can not log on the GoPro Quick. I only need it to the upgrade... 

can't believe this is still here… 
Highlighted
Tourist

yet no answer... 

very disappointing

Highlighted
Sightseer

My quik on desktop says 'authenticating' ive restarted, uninstalled, reinstalled, literally done everything...even created a new account. Nothing. Still not working. Internet is workin great. Chat support wasted 30min of my time and literally did nothing. HELP
Highlighted
Sightseer

By any chance, Have you found a solution? I'm having this issue as well. No one at gopro help me, it seems.

Thanks in advance.