Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

login problem

I've tried millions (well, it seems that way) of times...I've repeatedly changed my password and the like, and I still get the message "Login failed". Any ideas, anyone?

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous

Re: login problem

Morning Lorraine,

Well, OK, it's afternoon now, but I did originally intend to send a reply in the morning. Anyway...here's what happened, and how the problem was solved. I downloaded the desktop app for OS X, unpacked it, installed it, and then tried in vain to get the damned thing to work...everytime I tried to login, I got the message "Authentication failed". Oddly enough, before I even got to the stage of typing my name and password in, there was a message on the opening page, in red, telling me that an internet connection was required (this suggested to me that there was something blocking the app from connecting to the internet, but I couldn't find anything to back that up). The authentication failure happened so many times that I think I changed my password about 5 times in 5 minutes (on the off chance that the problem lay there). Anyway, having given up, then tried again the following day, I finally found a message on the internet stating that someone else had had the same problem and that they'd solved it by ensuring that GoPro Studio wasn't open when they tried to login to the desktop app. 

Hope this helps,

Gav.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Anonymous

Hey @Anonymous, 

Thanks for reaching out to the GoPro Community with your inquiry/concern. I'm sorry for the trouble you've experienced with this. To ensure we're on the same page, what are you trying to sign into and where are you getting this error?

The more information we have the easier it will be to help pinpoint where the issues lies. 

Thanks for your cooperation. 

Lorraine

Community Hub Moderator

Anonymous

Hi Lorrainev4,

the problem has fixed itself...sort of. I read somewhere else that someone else had a similar problem and got past it by not having gopro studio open when they were trying to login to the gopro desktop app. I tried the same trick and...hey presto, it worked. As an aside, it does seem a bit silly that the two programs fight against each other and one prevents you from logging in, but we'll hope that someone will take care of that soon.

Anonymous

Hey @Anonymous, 

Thanks for replying and letting us know the outcome!

I'd love to grab more details from you about this. I haven't heard of any of the things you've mentioned above before. Can you explain, or paint a picture rather, of what concern you were having along up to how you searched for a solution?

In addition, are you on a PC or mac? What browser are you using? Are you still receiving the same errors?

Thanks again for your cooperation!

Lorraine

Community Hub Moderator

Anonymous

Morning Lorraine,

Well, OK, it's afternoon now, but I did originally intend to send a reply in the morning. Anyway...here's what happened, and how the problem was solved. I downloaded the desktop app for OS X, unpacked it, installed it, and then tried in vain to get the damned thing to work...everytime I tried to login, I got the message "Authentication failed". Oddly enough, before I even got to the stage of typing my name and password in, there was a message on the opening page, in red, telling me that an internet connection was required (this suggested to me that there was something blocking the app from connecting to the internet, but I couldn't find anything to back that up). The authentication failure happened so many times that I think I changed my password about 5 times in 5 minutes (on the off chance that the problem lay there). Anyway, having given up, then tried again the following day, I finally found a message on the internet stating that someone else had had the same problem and that they'd solved it by ensuring that GoPro Studio wasn't open when they tried to login to the desktop app. 

Hope this helps,

Gav.

Hiker

I open GoPro app without opening GoPro Studio and nothing happens. I get the red Authentication error once then it just sits there.

Quit and restart the GoPro app a few times then it'll work.

Tourist

I have the same issue and nothing seems to fix it, I only get the Red Authentication error if I turn the wifi off other wise I never saw it.

Any help?

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 7.52.08 PM.png
Anonymous

Same here. I opened up GoPro on my desktop and try to login. It says Authenticating... then it says Login Failed.. I thought maybe I had the wrong password, but I just logged in right now to type this. I tried a password reset and it's not working.