Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Anonymous

login problem

[ New ]

I've tried millions (well, it seems that way) of times...I've repeatedly changed my password and the like, and I still get the message "Login failed". Any ideas, anyone?

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous

Re: login problem

[ New ]

Morning Lorraine,

Well, OK, it's afternoon now, but I did originally intend to send a reply in the morning. Anyway...here's what happened, and how the problem was solved. I downloaded the desktop app for OS X, unpacked it, installed it, and then tried in vain to get the damned thing to work...everytime I tried to login, I got the message "Authentication failed". Oddly enough, before I even got to the stage of typing my name and password in, there was a message on the opening page, in red, telling me that an internet connection was required (this suggested to me that there was something blocking the app from connecting to the internet, but I couldn't find anything to back that up). The authentication failure happened so many times that I think I changed my password about 5 times in 5 minutes (on the off chance that the problem lay there). Anyway, having given up, then tried again the following day, I finally found a message on the internet stating that someone else had had the same problem and that they'd solved it by ensuring that GoPro Studio wasn't open when they tried to login to the desktop app. 

Hope this helps,

Gav.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Anonymous

[ New ]

Hey @Anonymous, 

Thanks for reaching out to the GoPro Community with your inquiry/concern. I'm sorry for the trouble you've experienced with this. To ensure we're on the same page, what are you trying to sign into and where are you getting this error?

The more information we have the easier it will be to help pinpoint where the issues lies. 

Thanks for your cooperation. 

Lorraine

Community Hub Moderator

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hi Lorrainev4,

the problem has fixed itself...sort of. I read somewhere else that someone else had a similar problem and got past it by not having gopro studio open when they were trying to login to the gopro desktop app. I tried the same trick and...hey presto, it worked. As an aside, it does seem a bit silly that the two programs fight against each other and one prevents you from logging in, but we'll hope that someone will take care of that soon.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hey @Anonymous, 

Thanks for replying and letting us know the outcome!

I'd love to grab more details from you about this. I haven't heard of any of the things you've mentioned above before. Can you explain, or paint a picture rather, of what concern you were having along up to how you searched for a solution?

In addition, are you on a PC or mac? What browser are you using? Are you still receiving the same errors?

Thanks again for your cooperation!

Lorraine

Community Hub Moderator

Anonymous

[ New ]

Morning Lorraine,

Well, OK, it's afternoon now, but I did originally intend to send a reply in the morning. Anyway...here's what happened, and how the problem was solved. I downloaded the desktop app for OS X, unpacked it, installed it, and then tried in vain to get the damned thing to work...everytime I tried to login, I got the message "Authentication failed". Oddly enough, before I even got to the stage of typing my name and password in, there was a message on the opening page, in red, telling me that an internet connection was required (this suggested to me that there was something blocking the app from connecting to the internet, but I couldn't find anything to back that up). The authentication failure happened so many times that I think I changed my password about 5 times in 5 minutes (on the off chance that the problem lay there). Anyway, having given up, then tried again the following day, I finally found a message on the internet stating that someone else had had the same problem and that they'd solved it by ensuring that GoPro Studio wasn't open when they tried to login to the desktop app. 

Hope this helps,

Gav.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I open GoPro app without opening GoPro Studio and nothing happens. I get the red Authentication error once then it just sits there.

Quit and restart the GoPro app a few times then it'll work.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I have the same issue and nothing seems to fix it, I only get the Red Authentication error if I turn the wifi off other wise I never saw it.

Any help?

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 7.52.08 PM.png
Anonymous

[ New ]

Same here. I opened up GoPro on my desktop and try to login. It says Authenticating... then it says Login Failed.. I thought maybe I had the wrong password, but I just logged in right now to type this. I tried a password reset and it's not working. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

I can't get this to work either, Go Pro Studio is NOT on.  And still get hte authentification stuck - its not solved.  Please advise.

Anonymous

[ New ]

any Update here? 

I am facing the same problem. Quik app on my Mac Sierra OS does not let me login with my account. Any Help? 

Anonymous

[ New ]

And the same problem here.

I am on a pc (recent model and running windows 7. I have a gopro account that works and i can log in to it. Today i downloaded Quick for desktop. When i try to login in Quick i get the authentication failure message. studio is not open. Gopro login via the web (Google chrome browser) works fine.

Any ideas what is the problem and how to solve it. ?

GoPro Support seems to be very silent....

Thank you.

Anonymous

[ New ]

One more... is someone Know how this app can be connected. it's irritating...

Tourist

[ New ]

Like everyone else, I ONLY open Quick, go through the login process (or attempt to) and it just freezes at Authentication.

I have sent Emails to Support over a week ago with NO response.

THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE with many people, and needs to be sorted out I, like others on this forum have movies to edit to clear off memory cards to enable more movies to be made.

I am on a Macbook Pro with OS Sierra 10.12.3.

It would have been helpful to have had Quick full Beta tested prior to release as it is proving to have a major bug which for some reason doesn't affect all computers.

Anonymous

[ New ]

and it's still there...

Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 8.49.40 AM.jpg

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

Have you tried shutting down the program and relaunching it? Are you on any type of firewall or other restrictions that might prevent you from logging into the program?

Jeff

Tourist

[ New ]

Jefft, I have tried all of the above, Firewall settings aren't an issue for me, rebooted the program and the computer on numerous ocassions, plus cleared the history to no avail. This is really frustrating.

I have even tried downloading Quick numerous times, but still a donut !!

Anonymous

[ New ]

I'm having the exact same problem.  I can sign into my account thru google chrome with no problems.  I'm trying to open Quik and it keeps giving me the Login failed. Email or password are invalid.  I know I'm using the right login info.  Nothing Quik about this program. 

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

If those steps don't work, then the next step would be to contact our Support team directly at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus so we can troubleshoot your case individually.

Thanks,

Jeff

Tourist

[ New ]

Jefft, I have sent TWO REQUESTS, and have never had an answer back from either.

Do not like the after sales support of GoPro to be honest, if I could afford Final Cut Pro I would go to that, so, I am stuck with a buggy program that myself and many others can't access, so there needs to be some major reprogramming to sort out this issue.

I am well behind schedule in my the editing of my videos and not very happy.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I don't think communicating with the GoPro Support team will have any effect or what so ever, I've been in this since november last year talking to the support team and they don't even know what is causing this, so for all of you that are hoping this could be a solution, It wont.

I've done everything they ask me too, the last contact I had with them was on the 24th of January, asking me to make a change to the Host file, I did everything and nothing is working, Is unbelivable that a situation like this could ever happen.

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

@antond57 - I did a quick look and couldn't find any cases linked to this account over the past six months, but it's possible you were using a second account or my search missed your cases for some reason. If you can send me your case numbers, I'll be glad to take a look and see what's going on with them.

Thanks,

Jeff

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for the message Jeff, as I get up to 50+ I rarely keep old Emails.

I contacted Support and 3 weeks ago (which was the second contact) and around 4 weeks ago the first time, but that was through "Contact Us" rather than Teck Support. I did get a confirmation the second time, but don't remember what the Job# was, sorry.

The only other account I have is with FaceBook/ Google and that is [edited], so whether I inadvertantly used that account, I don't know.

I noticed that I had replies from others on the Forum with the same issue, that Support couldn't help with the issue. SURELY someone has the nouse to debug the program to find the glitch as this is affecting thousands of people worldwide. I know this from my personal contacts who regulary use YT, a lot of who are now investing in Final Cut Pro X just so that they can complete their projects.

At present I have over 3 hours of footage to edit, and getting asked by people involved in them when will I be editing them and putting them up. I do kayak fishing with a group of guys who would love their "15 minutes of fame" on YT, but it doesn't look good for me to keep telling them that I can't edit them as the program has been updated and won't allow me access during the signing in process.

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

@antond57 - Still not seeing anything. If you give our Support team a call, I'm sure we can get this resolved for you. Our contact info is at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus.

Thanks,

Jeff

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hello, 

I'm experiencing the same issue.

I've contacted the garmin support with case 03484150 

I also wanted to change the gopro camera password at that time, but in the end that wasn't necessary. 

Still not able to connect to the Quick app whereas I can connect with my email/password on gopro.com

I also tried to create another account from the Quick desktop app itself but it didn't work (access to internet error message).

This problem seems to be quite global. Can you ensure there is no bug in the authentification routine on that app?

Thanks

Grégoire

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

@Anonymous - It's not a systemic issue. We're generally able to help everyone get connected (or find out what's blocking them). If you contact our team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus, we'll help get you set up.

Thanks,

Jeff 

Anonymous

[ New ]

@jefft Maybe my message wan't clear enough : I already contacted the support. Didn't work out. Still facing the saeme issue. This thread seems long enought with so many people facing the same problem, you should consider there is some kind of bug in the authentification process on Quick.

Don't get me wrong, I work in the IT... :)

Anonymous

[ New ]

I have the same problem :-(

Trying to edit footage after being without using my GP for a long while... very frustrating, I am almost giving up and simply giving up on the GP. This is the sort of stuff that should not ever happen, why do we even have to authenticate

Tourist

[ New ]

Isn't it funny, if you read Jefft's message above, he says "there's NO systemic problem."

Do these guys have their eyes shut ??????? OR, is it, "don't confuse us with facts, our mind's made up!" ???

Give me a break, OPEN YOUR EYES GOPRO, listen and read what your customers are saying, THERE IS A MAJOR ISSUE WITH THE "QUICK" SOFTWARE, for god sake DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT and stop telling us, there isn't an issue !!!!!!

Anonymous

[ New ]

I'm having the exact same issue. Figured the newer software would work as i need to adjust some older Gopro footage but i cant get past the log in. Email and passwords are correct but still cant get in. very annoying when i need to get a client project done but unable to adjust my footage. 

gopro issue.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

same issue here - was fine for a few days - stayed logged in from original launch - then I had to log in and freezes - uninstalled reinstalled - rebooted PC - nothing has worked. Email into support since 4/3 - no response yet other than the initial with case #. Running Windows 10 here. Hard to find time to call support but may need to. In the meantime edits are way behind.

Any new info from anyone???

Anonymous

[ New ]

I'll throw my name into the pot. Same issue. Running OS X 10..12.4.

I've been told before my video memory isn't sufficient....could this really be the issue?

I've "Forced Quit" (or killed) all the GoPro-labelled processes. Then relaunched Quik. It sometimes helps (random) and I get into my files and importing happens. Most times...I try over-and-over.

This appears to be common enough...instead it appears we're all getting spun.... am I missing something?

Tourist

[ New ]

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll throw my name into the pot. Same issue. Running OS X 10..12.4.

I've been told before my video memory isn't sufficient....could this really be the issue?

I've "Forced Quit" (or killed) all the GoPro-labelled processes. Then relaunched Quik. It sometimes helps (random) and I get into my files and importing happens. Most times...I try over-and-over.

This appears to be common enough...instead it appears we're all getting spun.... am I missing something?

Nope, you are not missing a thing, video memory is just a straw they are clutching to. The PLAIN AND SIMPLE TRUTH IS: they just just have no idea and are using the addage, "if you can't convince em, confuse em!" I have been in touch with Support for the past 2 months and they just have NO IDEA.

I have suggested that they need to go back to the drawing board and re-engineer it from the ground up. They did bring out an up[date which does sweet bugger all.

It makes me mad when they say there is NO SYSTEMIC PROBLEM, sorry, that is bulldung !! Don't they read these forums.

I have resorted to Apple's iMovie to get my jobs done, but as I haven't used it for years, trying to relearn it again, and like GoPro Apple stuffed up a good program. At least with iMovie you can edit multiple cameras easily and add picture in picture which I did on my last project.

WHY do these companies upgrade programs without PROPERLY BETA TESTING THEM ????

IF IT AINT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT, is what I think.

Tourist

[ New ]

anyone familiar with any other program that can be used to view and edit footage from GoPro Hero 5? - running windows 10.

So frustrating!

Anonymous

[ New ]

I've tried countless times to login to GoPro Quik with or without wifi (can't skip login); the message states "this app requires an internet connection' if I turn Wifi off.

Doesnt matter if GoPro Studio is running or not. 

Seems the link 'solution' is a misnomer, should read - 'hundreds of people are having the same issue'.

I like many others am running Mac OS10.

Can't get beyond 'Authenticating'.

Just adding weight to the problem. Come along GoPro, theres no 'Go' and certainly not "Pro'

Tourist

[ New ]

I have given up in disgust and now using Apple iMovie after a steep relearning curve, which I have found supports picture in picture and is easier to edit multiple cameras which has been a bug bare of mine with GoPro Studio. Studio only lets you edit ONE camera, and to do multiple cameras is a real pain.

I wonder whether you can edit multiple cameras in the vapourware that they call Quick ???  Guess I'll never find out.........

After 6 contacts with Support, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!!!  They need to RE-ENGINEER THIS USELESS PIECE OF YOU KNOW WHAT FROM THE GROUND UP, and face the fact THAT IT DOESN'T WORK and STOP TELLING people "there is no systemic issue" with it !!!!

I don't like their attitude, "don't confuse us with facts, our mind's made up!"

Must get back to editing in iMovie.

Anonymous

[ New ]

i have the same promlem:smileyfrustrated :((

this is kill us.... please help us and solve this foolish problem

Anonymous

[ New ]

Same problem here...

Tourist

[ New ]

I never heard back from support but after I registered again using a different email addy magically is working. Magically I say because at first that did not work and then a few days later it did. Staying logged in and so far so good. Great editing program when it allows access but surely was frustrating!

Anonymous

[ New ]

For me the problem was that I was trying to connect from our company network which requires proxy authentication. Unfortunately, proxy credentials cannot be set as a setting of the app. My solution was to login from home.

Tourist

[ New ]

I have given up, and relearned Apple's iMovie where I can at least edit multiple cameras which enables me to do picture in picture, which I don't think you can do in Quick, but probably will never find out ........

It would have been nice to be able to easily edit 2 to 4 cameras simultaneously.

I have downlowded the latest quick updates, but still can AUTHENTICATE !!!! Oh well, back to iMovie, at least I can get them up.

BLODDY RIDICULOUS isn't it, a company as big as GoPro, yet they can't get their editing suite working for the majority of their customers.

Pic_in_pic.jpg
Sightseer

[ New ]

I'm having the same problem, yet ironically i had to loggin to post this reply, so i know my password and e-mail is correct... Did anyone find a solution?

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

This thread is pretty old and refers to some versions of our software that are now out of date. If you are having issues logging in, please download and install the latest version of Quik for Desktop at https://shop.gopro.com/softwareandapp/quik-%7C-desktop/Quik-Desktop.html.

Our team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus can help with these issues as well.

Thanks,

Jeff

Tourist

[ New ]
The thread is pretty old but the problem persists. I'm new gopro camera user, so I obviously downloaded latest version of Quik. I experienced the same issue - login failed. It is possible there are several scenarios to reproduce the problem, for me the problem was proxy setting. To reproduce the scenario, simply connect your computer with installed Quik to the network behind proxy. Set correct proxy in your browser settings and you can browse internet. But you cannot login to your account using Quik app. Solution: add manual proxy setting to quik app or read system setting. Do not assume that there is no proxy. Workaround: connect your computer to the network without proxy - for laptop it's easy, just move to the area with different wifi network. For my desktop computer - I created usb hotspot on my smartphone and I connected the phone to the computer via usb cable. I disabled the network connection with proxy and I used the newly created network connection. I logged successfully this time to the gopro account. The connection/logon is required on first use only, so you can switch to your original network connection after successful login. Downloading the latest version of the software will not work until manual proxy setting is supported in Quik
Tourist

[ New ]

I have just gone to the new Australian fibre optic network which involved getting a new modem and internet settings.

I decided to give it ONE LAST go, and VOILA, it works !!!! :o)))) PROBLEM SOLVED.

Seems like all the old proxy settings that were causing issues on my home network have been alleviated with transferring to the fibre optic network.

NOW to see what changes there are to the editing suite for GoPro.

Who's a happy chappy.........

Tourist

[ New ]
is there any other way to update the firmware on the gopro?

the issue is still here. can not authenticate and can not log on the GoPro Quick. I only need it to the upgrade... 

can't believe this is still here… 
Tourist

[ New ]

yet no answer... 

very disappointing

Anonymous

[ New ]
My quik on desktop says 'authenticating' ive restarted, uninstalled, reinstalled, literally done everything...even created a new account. Nothing. Still not working. Internet is workin great. Chat support wasted 30min of my time and literally did nothing. HELP
Anonymous

[ New ]

By any chance, Have you found a solution? I'm having this issue as well. No one at gopro help me, it seems.

Thanks in advance. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Once I updated to the latest OS, Sierra, it seemed to have solved the issue and I was able to log in wihtout any hassels after that.

Anonymous

[ New ]

For me, it was a simple Proxy issue. Try removing your proxy by going through your System Preferences, Network, Advanced, Proxies and uncheck the "Automatic proxy configuration" box.