Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Anonymous

login problem

Hi,

Im trying to login on the desktop app, and following "authenticating", it says i must be connected to the net to login. How do get my app to "talk" to the net?? My browsers work fine. Running Windows 7

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: login problem

Hi @Anonymous,

Definitely sorry to hear you've been having some issues with the software, but let's see what we can do to get you up and running with the program. The issue that you're experiencing can sometimes occur when trying to login to the app without an internet connection. Also, if you immediately close/reopen the app, that "Authenticating" message goes away and the app will immediately log you in.

Is there anything specific that could've changed between the login process working and not working? Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app or resetting your password? I'll be awaiting your response.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have the same issue right now, except mine never tells me I need to connect to the internet. It just says "authenticating" forever. I left it the other day for 3 hours and it still said it when I came back. I know my internet is working, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and I've reset my password. This is frustrating because the app was the easiest way to get my videos so I can start working. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @Anonymous,

After re-installing the application, have your tried to restart the computer? Keep us posted. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

I had the same problem—"Authenticating" forever. Turns out, if I closed GoPro Studio, it worked fine.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi,

I'm having issues logging into the desktop app. As soon as i open the app there is a message saying the app needs an internet connection. I try to log in and it just says authenticating and doesn't progress from there. I have uninstalled and re-installed several times, restarted laptop at each stage. I've reset my password to see if that was an issue. I was running a IP blocker when i first installed the software but have since unistalled it and tried re installinng the gopro app annd still no joy. I've disabled anti virus and firewall to see if either of them were blocking the connection. Internet is working fine, I'm using the laptop and connection to post this message. Please help!

Cheers,

Manu

Highlighted
Sightseer

same problem here..

any solution?

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hello,

I just bought my first GoPro (Hero4 Silver) and have shot a lot of video over the last few days.  I have created a GoPro online account and installed the GoPro for Desktop on a 64-bit Windows PC running Windows 7 Professional SP1 with 8 GB of memory installed. 

When I open the GoPro App for Desktop (Version 1.4.0.2733), the application opens to the "YOUR CONTENT, UNLOCKED." screen.  I click on the CONTINUE button.  The Create Account screen is displayed and I click on the link to sign in to an existing account.  By the way, I have no trouble signing on to the website or else I wouldn't have been able to post this.

On the "SIGN IN" screen, I enter my credentials correctly and briefly see a red text message ("Authenticating...") display.  That displays for anywhere between 1 and 5+ seconds and then "Login failed" is displayed in red text replacing the "Authenticating..." message.

I have reset my password a half dozen times and it had no effect.  I tried closing the app and restarting it immediately while being sure that GoPro Studio is NOT running and this has had no bearing.  I get the login failed message every time.  I've restarted the PC to no effect.  I've also redownloaded the software and reinstalled it.

Please help!  I would like to use the GoPro tools or at least be able to use them and evaluate them!!

Thanks!!

Greg