Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
GoPro

Re: login problem

Hello @whizzkid-uk

Thank you for your feedback, and sorry to hear about the login issue. Please see if the following steps will work: 

1 Open Quik for desktop
2 While on the login screen, select the “Help” tab above the Quik for desktop window
3 Select “Restart with default settings”
4 A modal will appear saying “Are you sure?“. Click “Restart” once more.
5 Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
6 Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.

We would love to hear back from you. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Hiker

Thank you for very fast,effective response.

It all works just fine now.

I had re-installed and installed but didn't get that screen.

Thank you!

Highlighted
GoPro

Awesome, @whizzkid-uk. Great to know that the issue is resolved for you. Thank you for posting back to share the resolution. Stay stoked and have fun using your GoPro!

Tourist

it is not help at all.

the software is the most updated. V2.6.2.841.

internet access is perfect.

i even checked anti-virus and add quik to the white list. disable firewall.

quik just keeps asking me to sign in again and again.

this is realy drive me crazy.

Tourist

Don't bother contacting Support, they have no idea, otherwise this issue would have been sorted out 12 months ago.

I keep telling them, they need to re-engineer this program from scratch, from the ground up.

There is OBVIOUSLY A MAJOR BUG in the coding, but they are too lazy to look for it, or it is beyond them, poor form for a company of this size. Seeing they can't sort it out, PAY someone that can !!!!!

Having a GoPro without editing software is like me giving you a Roll Royce without the keys..............

I gave up on this issue 12 months ago and have gone back to using iMovie, not the be all and end all, but it works !!!!!

Tourist

I just found a workaround here.

If I just install the V2.6.2. The issue cannot be solved by any measurement.

The workaround is to install an older version, say V2.0.0, and then install V2.6.2 directly. (Do not uninstall V2.0.0)

So this may be an issue due to installation package incomplement.

Hiker

There is indeed a significant bug. Having complemented support for their help, I now find myself signed out of the account once more and having to go through the whole process again if I wish to use the music I have been paying for.

Sightseer

I deleted the app, sold the gopro. Thanks for all the support! Got more support from ebay...