Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: login problem

[ New ]
I confirm. It's only a network issue. Try to flush your DNS cache using an utility like CCleaner and Quick will connect server without problem.
Anonymous

[ New ]
this helped me! Thanks!
Anonymous

[ New ]
Wasted too much of my time on this! If it doesn’t work easily what’s the point of creating this software?!?!?
Extremely disappointed in gopro right now! Ruined everything I believed in!
Tourist

[ New ]
This worked fine one year ago - now I tried every solution posted above and still same thing -you need internet connection etc ....**bleep**ty app
Tourist

[ New ]

Likely tried but with some anti=virus software you need to turn that off and then log in.  

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @Anonymous and @alexcry

There are a couple of things that might be causing problems signing into a GoPro Account Quik for Desktop. Most of the time it's caused by inconsistency with the account itself and not with the platform. Here are some things to check to get everything in order:

• First and foremost, confirm that you have an account by logging in through GoPro.com with your email address and password. 
  • If you are unable to login through GoPro.com, clear your Internet browsers cache/cookies and try again. 
  • Third, confirm that you have an account by attempting to "create a new account" with the same email address you have been using. If you get a notification saying that the email is already in use, go ahead and click "forgot password" and walk through the quick process to reset your password and get logged in.
  • Finally, check to see if there is an empty space in the email, or at the end of the email. This may happen if you copied and pasted your email address, thus causing the email to read as invalid.

Once you are able to login and confirm that you have an account and password through GoPro.com, go ahead and use those same credentials to log back into Quik for Desktop on your mobile or desktop device. 

If you continue having issues with your account feel free to reach out to our Support team at the link here.

Thanks, 
Marius

Anonymous

[ New ]

Not for me.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Interesting post.

No login problem online. I've tried this approach, too. In order to even post here, we'd have to login, too.

Not solving my issue.

Thanks for the idea.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous, 

Thank you for trying out the recommended steps. If the issue persists, please contact our Customer Support team for further assistance. You can reach them here: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ New ]
GoPro has great cameras and crappy software. Go pro studio is a piece of crap as well. Don’t even try to edit a video on it, it is Waggy and when you go to render it, it takes hours. Even with top-of-the-line computers. Pretty much GoPro understands cameras and do not understand software. I’ll hook up my go Pro to put my videos on go pro studio is a piece of crap as well. Don’t even try to edit a video on it, it is Waggy and when you go to render it, it takes hours. Even with top-of-the-line computers. Pretty much GoPro understands cameras and do not understand software. I’ll hook up my go Pro to put my videos on The computer and it’s kind of a tossup as to whether quick will open. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn’t. And then sometimes it asked me to login and when I do all it does is sit there and say Authenticating and never logged in. I’m really fed up with the go Pro software.
Tourist

[ New ]

I gave up on it last year and gone back to Apple's iMovie which I had to relearn after not using it for several years.

Although that too is a clunky program, at least I can do picture in picture from my 2 cameras I have mounted on my kayak and it is quick to render. I agree, GoPro has NFI about software, and SHOULD pay a decent programing company to redesign it from the ground up.

It is funny that they haven't heeded the complaints here, most other forums I am on, the company owning the software has listened to the forum communities, posted as such, and then using the complaints / suggestions, have made vast improvements to their software.

WHERE ARE THE GOPRO HEIRACHY ?????  WHY  NO CONNECT WITH THEIR COMMUNITIES ????

THE ONLY REASON I AM POSTING HERE is that I keep getting Emails from the forum re this issue, and thought I better put my solution up. I would dearly love to use Final Cut Pro, but being a pensioner it is out of my reach, so, iMove for me is second best, but at least I can get my videos "out there".

Good luck, I hope GOPRO gets off their backsides and does something about it ASAP.

MY wish list for an editing program for GoPros is stabilty (program doesn't dropout), functionality (ie that it actually works), capabilities of being able to edit several cameras including multiple camera in camera shots, titling effects, and more sound track capabilities. NOT asking for much.............

Anonymous

[ New ]
as of today i can no longer sign into the quick app
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @Anonymous,

Let us help. What seems to be the issue? Are you getting any error message when you try to sign in to the app? Do your login credentials/information allow you access to your GoPro account online (via gopro.com) or through the GoPro App for mobile? Hope to hear back from you. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Hiker

[ New ]

I have just updated to the latest Quik for Mac. I too now cannot login to my GoPro account. I have Plus membership, and now cannot enjoy the extra music choices.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @whizzkid-uk

Thank you for your feedback, and sorry to hear about the login issue. Please see if the following steps will work: 

1 Open Quik for desktop
2 While on the login screen, select the “Help” tab above the Quik for desktop window
3 Select “Restart with default settings”
4 A modal will appear saying “Are you sure?“. Click “Restart” once more.
5 Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
6 Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.

We would love to hear back from you. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Hiker

[ New ]

Thank you for very fast,effective response.

It all works just fine now.

I had re-installed and installed but didn't get that screen.

Thank you!

GoPro

[ New ]

Awesome, @whizzkid-uk. Great to know that the issue is resolved for you. Thank you for posting back to share the resolution. Stay stoked and have fun using your GoPro!

Tourist

[ New ]

it is not help at all.

the software is the most updated. V2.6.2.841.

internet access is perfect.

i even checked anti-virus and add quik to the white list. disable firewall.

quik just keeps asking me to sign in again and again.

this is realy drive me crazy.

Tourist

[ New ]

Don't bother contacting Support, they have no idea, otherwise this issue would have been sorted out 12 months ago.

I keep telling them, they need to re-engineer this program from scratch, from the ground up.

There is OBVIOUSLY A MAJOR BUG in the coding, but they are too lazy to look for it, or it is beyond them, poor form for a company of this size. Seeing they can't sort it out, PAY someone that can !!!!!

Having a GoPro without editing software is like me giving you a Roll Royce without the keys..............

I gave up on this issue 12 months ago and have gone back to using iMovie, not the be all and end all, but it works !!!!!

Tourist

[ New ]

I just found a workaround here.

If I just install the V2.6.2. The issue cannot be solved by any measurement.

The workaround is to install an older version, say V2.0.0, and then install V2.6.2 directly. (Do not uninstall V2.0.0)

So this may be an issue due to installation package incomplement.

Hiker

[ New ]

There is indeed a significant bug. Having complemented support for their help, I now find myself signed out of the account once more and having to go through the whole process again if I wish to use the music I have been paying for.

Anonymous

[ New ]
I deleted the app, sold the gopro. Thanks for all the support! Got more support from ebay...
Anonymous

[ New ]

I have the same problem and with nothing else open it just gives me "you've entered an incorrect email and password combination."  However I can login to the websit just fine so this makes no sens.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous

Have you tried going over the steps below?

1 Open Quik for desktop
2 While on the login screen, select the “Help” tab above the Quik for desktop window
3 Select “Restart with default settings”
4 A modal will appear saying “Are you sure?“. Click “Restart” once more.
5 Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
6 Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully. 

Let us know how it goes.

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team for further assistance.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

Anonymous

[ New ]

I have tried it. It doesn't help. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @Anonymous, 

If you have already performed recommended troubleshooting steps, the next path forward would be to engage our Support team. This is so they can provide a more personalized support as the issue maybe related to particular settings on your computer. You can contact them via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

Anonymous

[ New ]

I have tried it. It doesn't help. 

the same for me

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have the same problem when I try to login in  Quik desktop "you've entered an incorrect email and password combination."  However I can login to the websit just fine.

Please give me some support. Read all the cases and "solutions" and nothing works.

Tourist

[ New ]

Like many of you I have tried all the options above without a solution. In fact, Quik works on my 2013 MacBook Pro but not the brand new 2018 MacBook pro I bought this past week. The host files are identical. I cannot edit the videos on the old laptop, thus the upgrade.

I am attempting to contact customer service one more time tomorrow. I have spent nearly $1000 on GoPro products in the past month. They're not functional (as advertised) without the use of the Quik App.

There are numerous users who have purchased these who are unable to edit them without their implicit software being functional.

I will keep you updated.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi, was there aver solution to this problem ?

I can perfectly log on the web but not with Quik, says "the password is wrong or not maching the email" which I know they are.

I'm a windows 10 user and happy with my gopro camera but the support software is really cr***y !

Sightseer

[ New ]

Funny... it's 2019 now and I'm also stuck at the login screen of Quik. Hmm, here's a hint Go Pro, fire your developers.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone. Some users share what solved the issue for them. The steps are discussed in this thread. Have a go at them and let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Having the same problem. Not able to login to Quik. I'm gonna sell the device and try something else. I'm really disappointed.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @saunavuoro. Are you still observing the same issue even after going through the suggested steps in here

Sightseer

[ New ]
Well, I'm not going to change the language of my computers operating system to get an application to work. Are you seriously serving that as a resolution for the problem?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @saunavuoro

It is part of the troubleshooting steps and will help isolate the issue further.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Sad day, I am done GoPro. If your software is not compatable with a MAC then whats the point....

Yes I tried all your basic steps, this has gone on for years, you have acted like its our fault while so many people clearly have the same issue. I suspect the age of GoPro is coming to an end.

Good luck and good bye!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @shawn-h5-1

Please reach out to our Support Team regarding your concern.

They are available by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Here are some articles that may come handy:

Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Mac

Minimum System Requirements for Quik for Desktop

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hey 

I have the same exact problem with Windows 10. I have installed the quick app but it always asks for verification and does not see my camera and media files. Looks like this problem contiunes from 2017. Hmm thats really bad....

Tourist

[ New ]

What worked for me was temporarily closing my Firewall - and has been fine since with Firewall intact. Just lucky?

@spirymesa61857 wrote:

Hey 

I have the same exact problem with Windows 10. I have installed the quick app but it always asks for verification and does not see my camera and media files. Looks like this problem contiunes from 2017. Hmm thats really bad....