Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

how to upload videos from the camera to the player

[ New ]

What's the problem?

I have the GoPro Player on my laptop /

I have the camera plugged into my laptop/

I open the gopro player/

nothing.

I choose "import from camera"

nothing.

help.

GoPro

Re: how to upload videos from the camera to the player

[ New ]

@krdtogo, just to verify, what's the GoPro camera model used? Are you having issues with your computer recognizing your GoPro MAX, thus, not importing files into the GoPro Player?

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for responding. I have since learned that my hero 2018 is not able to be recognized by the GoPro Player. BUT.. now that I have put all of my GoPro footage on an external drive, I have a new question: can I use GoPro player to edit THOSE ? When I opened a video, the GoPro player opened. I expected it would open in Quick, but it didn’t. So, yes, I’m still looking for help!
Tourist

[ New ]

What camea are you try to connect with go pro player? I normally use card reader to download files to laptop it is easy and faster. Seems like your camera not recognized by the computer. this may due to two reasons 1. your computer dont have proper drivers to recognize. 2. camera just in charging mode not the data transfer mode. try changing it in camera settings. Hope this helps

Tourist

[ New ]

@krdtogo if you recently install go pro player, preferences in your computer may have changed. You can change them by manually in properties of any file you wish to open. right click of any file and click properties in genaral tab change the program to quick. (assuming you work on windows)

But you may do lots of things with new go pro player. follow this link to find out what you can do with go pro player 

GoPro

[ New ]

@krdtogo, the GoPro Player supports spherical or 360 footage captured by GoPro MAX and Fusion only.

For your GoPro HERO2018 camera, you can check this article https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Programs-to-View-and-Edit-Videos/ta-p/399573 for suggested programs that you can use on your computer to view and edit your GoPro footage.