Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

how to import a song to my clip

is it possible to add a song in Quik 2.6.2.770 desktop for mac. Last year with an old version i made a clip and it was possible, but i cannot find the way to do it now.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: how to import a song to my clip

[ Edited ]

It's never been possible to add your own music to the Quik Desktop app. Perhaps you had used Studio or the Quik mobile app. Each song in the Quik desktop app has it's own dat file associated with it. It's this file that tells the program how to synchronize the video to the music. You will not be able to use your own music as it wont have the needed dat file.

The Quik mobile app will allow you to use your own music as it uses a an algorithm to determine synchronization. Your other option will be to use a desktop editor like iMovie, DaVinci Resolve, VSDC video editor, or HitFilm Express. They are all free. Load the video made by the Quik Desktop editor, mute the audio from the video, and then add your song.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: how to import a song to my clip

[ Edited ]

It's never been possible to add your own music to the Quik Desktop app. Perhaps you had used Studio or the Quik mobile app. Each song in the Quik desktop app has it's own dat file associated with it. It's this file that tells the program how to synchronize the video to the music. You will not be able to use your own music as it wont have the needed dat file.

The Quik mobile app will allow you to use your own music as it uses a an algorithm to determine synchronization. Your other option will be to use a desktop editor like iMovie, DaVinci Resolve, VSDC video editor, or HitFilm Express. They are all free. Load the video made by the Quik Desktop editor, mute the audio from the video, and then add your song.