Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

how does Big Sur affect GoPro apps?

[ New ]

I use GoPro Quik to import my files. Does anyone know how the upgrade will affect that app?

GoPro

Re: how does Big Sur affect GoPro apps?

[ New ]

Hello, @evelynep6674. Quik for desktop is no longer in development. While some functions of cameras may work with Quik for desktop, we have not provided any updates to the program prior to the release of the HERO8 Black and therefore we are unable to determine what features will work, what won't, and what consistency you may get with HERO8, MAX, and HERO9 Black cameras with the Big Sur update.  

Hiker

[ New ]

Thank you for your reply. So how will I get my files onto my computer/hard drive then?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @evelynep6674

When accessing the files, make sure that MTP is selected for the USB Connection setting.

You may also use an SD card adapter to access the files.

Thanks!

Ej

Nomad

[ New ]

Basically what he is saying is take your microSD card out your camera, insert it into an SD card Reader then plug the card reader into your computer, you know, the way you used to do back in the early days of digital imaging.........

Com'on GoPro, surely we not going backwards here, everyone else is moving forward!

Hiker

[ New ]

Thank you for the translation!

Hiker

[ New ]

UPDATE:  I got someone to call me from GoPro using the mobile app.  First guy had me try everything....just like the aragon1066 here...took hours and nothing worked.  Tried apple support..they said not compatible with big sur on imac ios.....had gopro call me again and got a sharp guy.  gopro quik desktop not compatible with big sur and not supported.  He recommend filmora but it's $60....I'm wondering if anyone uses iMovie?

Why do they have us doing work arounds instead of them fixing their software....?  Not impressed with their software or customer service.

Hiker

[ New ]

Thank you. Do you think it is because they want us to use their cloud based up to upload our footage?