Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
GoPro Community Manager

Re: how do I export video from GoPro Quik to a location on my mac?

You can export those videos and put them into another program. If you are looking to do longer videos, VSDC and iMovie are good options to look at. Also, if you're looking to do longer videos with gauges on them, be sure to check out Dashware at http://www.dashware.net/.

Sightseer

that is exactly what I want to do. get the GPS overlay and then export the video so it can be edited elsewhere. I have not been able to do so.  Anyone?

Tourist

Its the scissors on the left.
Tourist

Mac Solution

Absolutely awful but ultimately successful solution is:

Plug in your GoPro or SD card. 

My Mac is set up to open Quik.

Import files

They are stored in Finder in whatever you called the download folder. They often appear as multi-folders ... date then the (wrong) camera name then perhaps Timelapse 1, Timelapse 2 etc

When imported all the photos are in Finder but the video you want is (eventually) in Quik but as per above the only choice is share to FaceBook or YouTube.

To save to your Mac you have to select the scissors which you would think is to trim the video.

However, select SAVE, give the video a name and you will get a box showing “saving to edits”

The video is exported back to Finder in the Folder that the photos came from. 

You can then then delete the photos. 

If you you end up with more than one video use Quiktime Player to join them by selecting Edit. Add clip to end

Absolutely amateurish and unacceptable programme for me, for what is supposed to be a high-end product.

Tourist

I found out that if you click share and then click on the file name it will open the video or picture in your mac. Go Pro Quick is just a program  saves the files in your computer in a file separate from the go pro quick.Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 2.25.52 PM.jpg