Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

how do I export video from GoPro Quik to a location on my mac?

I have a short clip that I can see in GoPro Quick, I just want to do what I want with it.  Let's say post it or email it.  I do NOT want to use YouTube or Facebook in this case.  I cannot find a way to export the video clip out of GoPro Quick to a location of my choice on my Mac.  I am running Mac Sierra 10.12.

Sightseer

Re: how do I export video from GoPro Quik to a location on my mac?

I am experiencing the same issue.  I bought the GoPro 6 so I can have GPS data on my cycling videos.  I can easily add the Speed and other data but have not been able to export the video file.  My only choices are Facebook or YouTube.  

I prefer to export to finder so I can do additional editing.  And for the record, none of my videos have been uploaded to YouTube.

Is there any way to export to a file?

Sightseer

I'm having the same issue.. the app is a fun way to get into editing, but I want to be able to use this video in another software and can't find a way to do so. Please helppppp!

GoPro

[ Edited ]

Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 9.42.50 AM.pngHi All,

Do you have a screenshot of what you are seeing? Also What version of Quik are you on?

When saving on Quik the edit will be saved as an mp4 that will be in an EDIT folder. If you click on the edit that you made and select get info it and select the file name it will take you to the location on your mac! 

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ryan

Tourist

This program sucks, there's not even an option to export mp4 onto your harddrive. Wtf. I can run Vegas on my computer just fine and this program just freezes. Wish i could enjoy all those cool data widgets.
GoPro Community Manager

GoPro Quik for Desktop does export edited videos as mp4 files.

Tourist

Yeah, but only if you take it into editor where you can only import one minute clips and then it crashes anyway.
Tourist

I really just wanna add the speedometer and take it into another program.