Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

hero 9 not showing telemetry overlays on gopro quik?

i've recorded video with gps on, made sure gps signal is solid white before recording on a clear day out doors, have all media on quik, i've gone to click telemetry overlay but it wont allow me to turn on any type of telemetry, whether gps, g forces, speed, its showing me the option, but wont let me select and app is acting like i havent recorded with gps on, but it has been, is it an issue with the hero 9 and quik?

Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 11.41.24 pm.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: hero 9 not showing telemetry overlays on gopro quik?

Hello, @cameronl36. Quik for desktop doesn’t support telemetry gauges for your HERO8 Black and HERO9 Black cameras. We are focusing on adding this functionality to our latest GoPro Desktop application in the near future, but in the meantime, the GoPro App on iOS and Android can add telemetry gauges using GPS performance stickers. These instructions will guide you on how to view stickers in the GoPro App. 

Highlighted
Tourist

this is just a bad joke! 

why is there the button to add gauges?

When will you add the features you promised?

NO serious editor will work on a smartphone ... 

Highlighted
Hiker

I have the same issue with my new Hero 9. I have resorted to use telemetry from a Garmin device and overlaying with the Garmin VIRB Edit desktop application.

Highlighted
Nomad

You can use the GoPro telemetry in Garmin's Virb Edit too. You need to extract it first: https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/free

Regarding, Quik, it does not support cameras newer than the Hero7, if you still want to add the gauges there, you can use the paid GPS Quick Fix: https://youtu.be/nY4LfVFViT0

But be aware that many Hero9 units are recording extremely bad GPS data, so make sure that is not your case before anything else (see the quality of your GPS data with the Telemetry Extractor)

GoPro GPS not working? Enable the gauges overlay with the GPS Quick Fix tool: https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/gopro-gps-not-working-hero8-quikTelemetry E...
Highlighted
Tourist

100% agree this is a garbage response from GoPro.  Many consumers have been loyal to the product for years and going from the 8 to the 9 I was hoping this issue would be solved.  How am I supposed to edit a 15 minute video on a mobile device?  That is a JOKE!

I am leaning more and more towards the Insta 360s for many reasons and this just may be the final straw :(

I would appreciate an update from the GoPro team on a timeline for when this feature/function is expected to be added to the GoPro Quik desktop tool.

Highlighted
Tourist

thanks for the "high fiver"... any update on when the overlays will be compatible with the desktop experience?  

Highlighted
Nomad

GoPro is supposedly working on a new software called Mural, I dont knows when it will be released. Some say this winter