Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Nomad

gps telemetry WAY off

The telemetry on the hero 5 is WAY off. Im talking about 2-3 seconds off. That might not sound like much to some people but when your riding a dirt bike it basically makes this feature useless. The speed I know for a fact isnt correct either and Im only assuming thats the case with the other data. for instance when I stop the altitude will settle to a number, I will stop recording then when I start recording the altitude is different by 30-40 feet. This needs to be fixed completely to make this a usable feature otherwise whats the point in having it?

Tourist

Re: gps telemetry WAY off

Having a similar issue, the telemetry was one of the main reasons I chose a go pro. I have been trying for over a week to get through to the help center by phone and chat with no luck. even spent 1 hour on wait for help over the phone. I am very suprised just how brutal GoPro customer support is, and that their products dont work very well. 

Screenshot_20170727-174509.png
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: gps telemetry WAY off

That screenshot is me waiting 1 hour on go pro customer service with no agent ever coming to answer. I have alo tried the online chat 100's of time never once got through.  This is the problem with the telemetry GPS that I a having https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waMqv6ASTqk&t=6s

Honestly at this point I may just return the GoPro and make sure everyone I ever talked to knkow how crap they are and how brutal the cumstomer service is. I have never seen such poor customer service. 

Video shows just how poor the new GoPRo Hero 5 works. I have spent over 10 hours this week trying to get through to customer service no such luck. Worst company to deal with.