Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

gopro webcam setup wizard ended prematurely does not repair gopro webcam software

[ New ]

cannot repair gopro webcam setup.  I am currently on the latest rlaese of windows 10. I trying to re-install/repair webcamp program because I get black shadows on my image on on skype.

I have the most current version of software on mu gopro black 9.

Any help would be appreciated.

Screenshot 2021-05-28 083133.png

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: gopro webcam setup wizard ended prematurely does not repair gopro webcam software

[ New ]

I uninstalled the GoPro webcam software and then did and new install and that worked so I shoild be uptodate .

Problem resolved.

Thanks for your advice

Norm

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: gopro webcam setup wizard ended prematurely does not repair gopro webcam software

[ New ]

Hi @nroybrown

Can you please try if the same happens when using another profile/account on the computer?

You may also check GoPro Webcam FAQ and Troubleshooting

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

No mention of this problem in:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Webcam-FAQ-and-Troubleshooting/

And I am the only user ID on this computer.

thanks for investigating my problem.

Norm

Tourist

[ New ]

I uninstalled the GoPro webcam software and then did and new install and that worked so I shoild be uptodate .

Problem resolved.

Thanks for your advice

Norm

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for posting back with an update, @nroybrown. Let us know if anything else comes up.

Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same issue but I go to uninstall the app and it never unistalls. I can't get it to work or even update to the latest version.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @snowycreek15814. How are you doing the install? If you haven't yet, try directly downloading the latest version of the webcam utility tool from this page. Let us know how it goes. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I did try to directly download and install from the latest version but I keep getting and error while installing. Thats why I tried to uninstall the Webcam app and it never uninstalls. This is fustrating.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @snowycreek15814

Would you be able to share a screenshot of the error?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

This Is what I get when I open the Gopro Webcam App

Capture.JPG
Tourist

[ New ]

This is what I get when I try to update the app

GoPro Webm Setup Wizard Ended Prematurely.JPG
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @snowycreek15814

Do you have your computer up to date?

is there an active firewall?

Have you tried installing other apps to check if the same error will appear?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Computer is up to date. Checked firewall already and can install other apps as well as uninstall other app.

GoPro

[ New ]

@snowycreek15814. How are you uninstalling the webcam utility tool? Are you accessing it through the Programs and Features the Add/Remove Programs path on your computer? Do you get an error message when the uninstallation fails? 

To try the update again, restart your computer and log in to it. See if there may be any antivirus that you are using on your PC that interferes with the process. Also, check if any crucial Windows update might be pending. 

Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

I have gone to Control Panel and add remove programs to uninstall and it will not remove Webcam App. I have tried everything that is mentioned in this feed. Note this is on a Laptop that I performed a new from scratch install on with a new SSD drive. The Gopro was working but it started glitching and then a popup says there is a new version of the Gopro Webcam App so since it was glitching I updated the app now it just doent work at all.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @snowycreek15814

We'll have this checked with the team.

We'll post back for updates.

Thanks!

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @snowycreek15814

We have sent a direct message.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

I'm having this same exact issue as @snowycreek15814 .  Is there a fix?

Tourist

[ New ]

The PC I am using didnt have many apps loaded on it due to the fact I only use it to stream so my fix was to wipe my drive and install windows 10 from scratch then it worked fine. Shouldn't have to go to that extreme but thats what I did and its been working ever since.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I'm running into the exact same problem. I can't uninstall the application, nor can I reinstall it.
When I connect my GoPro Hero 9 to the USB, my PC does not recognize it and I am unable to use it as a WebCAM.
Has anyone been able to solve this problem?

Sightseer

[ New ]

i have tried to uninstall gopro webcam app but it is not being uninstalled due to an error . it says  that the installation wizard ended permanently . so i cant uninstall this app from my windows 10 pc . little help please .