Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: gopro shutting down

Hi ,

Read the chain , that's not what I'm trying to do.

I bought a gopro black hero 7 and a new laptop.
Now I find that you're company tell me that appl and hp don't work with you're application and I need to buy another laptop to use you're software.

I think we need to move this conversation up to the next IT level guys.

Regards.

James
Highlighted
GoPro

@adroitclif7201, sorry for the confusion. The GoPro camera model used wasn't previously mentioned, and since "GoPro Player" is labeled on your post, I was under the impression that you have the MAX or Fusion camera. You don't need the GoPro Player if you are using HERO7 Black camera. This player is only used for transforming 360 footage (from MAX/Fusion cameras) into traditional videos and photos in Mac computers.

Are you referring to Quik for Desktop (for Windows)? If so and the app is crashing upon launch, there are some troubleshooting suggestions here that will help: Quik for desktop Fails to Launch

By any chance, do you have multiple graphics cards installed on your computer? Please follow the steps below in order to resolve the issue in this instance:  

• Right-click the Quik desktop icon.  
  • Hover over Run with graphics processor (Note: this option will only be visible if you are using a Windows computer with multiple graphics cards)  
  • Select Integrated graphics 
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]
Hi ,
Ok , I have taken back the laptop you said was under spec.
I changed it for a more expensive one.
Details as follows and still nothing.

RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 256 GB SSD
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce MX150 2 GB
Full HD touchscreen.

This is a 4k editing laptop.
Over to you gopro.
I'm not happy that your programme works on a phone and not my laptop..

Please resolve.

Regards

James.
Highlighted
GoPro

@adroitclif7201, if the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Highlighted
Tourist

Still haven't heard from gopro in over a week.
The windows app still isn't allowing me to edit or run files.
My laptop should have no issues , its seems that the file on your cloud is downloading to the pc unplayble.

The time difference seems to be an issue even thou I have subscribed to the monthly subscription. Yet they say 24 hours.

Just need to get help.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @adroitclif7201

Sorry for any trouble caused.

When contacting our Support Team, try changing the location to US-English.

You should be able to get through.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Another example of WTF , from gopro support ,how do I change this, were do I change this , why cant you just answer the questions I've posted on the thread.
Wouldn't that be easiest way to start helping. or are you just passing the tickets on........!
Not impressed

Please pass this to someone in IT That can resolve and not just ask basic frontline suggestions.
Highlighted
GoPro

@adroitclif7201, we tried to help out as best as we can. If having trouble connecting to our Chat Support team. You may try changing the location and language to "US, English" on the webpage.