Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
GoPro

Re: gopro player windows 10 crash

[ New ]

Hi @royalbluff30022 @litheflash6701

Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual.

We appreciate your understanding.

Please try reaching out to them again.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
For god sake fix this problem of windows 10.. wish I had known this before buying max..
Tourist

[ New ]

Any update on this? 

Tourist

[ New ]

Same problem here.

- Start GoPro Player Windows - Open Media - Select any .360 file - App Closes without error message

(tried with Batch Exporter and get a slightly different stacktrace)

P.S. Please don't insult us with 'update your system' and/or 'computer requirement/performance' advice.

This pops up in the Windows Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: GoPro Player.exe, version: 1.0.0.303, time stamp: 0xd8f42b00
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.488, time stamp: 0x5b4a3325
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000023e49
Faulting process id: 0x1e44
Faulting application start time: 0x01d68f26912d3130
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\GoPro.GoProPlayer_1.0.0.0_x64__1h9vz9xjm6b8c\Player\GoPro Player.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 9913457d-4e66-4442-829e-f8a26c4acbf6
Faulting package full name: GoPro.GoProPlayer_1.0.0.0_x64__1h9vz9xjm6b8c
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Application: GoPro Player.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.DllNotFoundException
at Player.EngineGestureCamera.ssdk_gesture_camera_create()
at Player.PlayerModel.Open(System.String)
at Player.MainView.Open(System.String)
at Player.MainWindow.ShowDefaultOpenFileDialog()
at Player.MainView.SplashButtonOpen_Click(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.0nClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Button.0nClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, System.Windows.RoutedEvent)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(System.Windows.Input.InputEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(System.Windows.Input.InputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr, System.Windows.Input.InputMode, Int32, System.Windows.Input.RawMouseActions, Int32, Int32, Int32)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr, MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
at Player.App.Main(System.String[])

GoPro

[ New ]

Please run any available OS updates and make sure to have the latest update for your Graphics Card/s drivers installed. Additionally, make sure to update the app to the latest version and as an alternative, install Visual C++ redistributable 2019 from Microsoft website https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads or join the facebook beta program and download our msi that doesn't contains this issue.

Tourist

[ New ]

Please update your BIOS to the latest version, also be sure to use only original RAM memory, because it may be the source of all your problems. Smiley LOL  Also remember to use only original power supply!

Seriously, GoNoPro, you **bleep**ed this app up and it's all your fault. It's not my fault, nor my computer's problem. You simply don't care about people using Windows, and that's a shame. I've allready stoped buying gopros till you fix your **bleep**.

Best of wishes, 

Tourist

[ New ]

Well, I hate to say this but installing the 2019 Visual C++ redistributable solved the crashing issue for me. So thank you very much to Aenriquez for the reply. I can start testing the App now and finally stitch my 60fps files.

However, I would like to add that I always keep my system up-to-date with automatic updates and this version was appearantly never automatically installed (I assume that will be the case for many more users). From the post of Aenriquez I conclude GoPro was alread aware of this ('beta version doesn't contain this issue) but failed to report to this topic for 3 weeks.

P.S. When the beta program for this app started I was very disappointed to see that you had to involve Facebook in this. Not everyone has (or wants to have) a facebook account you know. So, downloading the beta is not an option for me. Is your own website not good enough to make a file available for download?

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for posting back with an update, @sbouwman. Once the final release of the app is available, it'll be added to the website for download. We appreciate your patience and understanding.