Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

gopro player will not open on my Mac

GoPro Player has downloaded on my Mac, but it will not open.  My Mac is up to date.  Also, for my iPhone do I only need the GoPro and Quik apps; and my desktop only needs the Quik for Desktop and Go Pro Player apps?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: gopro player will not open on my Mac

Hello, @kerriejelks56. Do you get any error message when you attempt to launch or open the GoPro Player on your computer? Do you have MAX files to view with the Player? Please check and make sure that your computer meets these compatibility requirements. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I have the Hero 8 Black.  Does Player only work on the GoPro Max?  I an see the icon but when I try to open it, nothing happens.  I was just playing with my GoPro and pics and vids did download, so maybe I only need the Quik for Desktops.  Going on my first trip with the GoPro, so trying to make sure I can at least do the basics.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @kerriejelks56

You may use Player to view, trim or grab a photo from regular videos.

Here are other applications you may use: Programs to View and Edit Videos

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I notice GoPro Player will not open .360 files that were downloaded from from the cloud via Quik, ripped from the SD card directly by Quik (or other mean) works fine. Not sure if that was OP's issue is.
Highlighted
Hiker

do u work with gopro?