Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: gopro hero 8 can't connect to pc

Go scroll down and see my later posts and pics that shows how its done.  and This time I did it through my PC USB 2.0 port. Be sure you power on your HERO 8 when you connect up. If you have GoPro Quik for Windows installed on your pc it will offer to allow you to import your files. Let me know if this helps you.

IMG_20200522_131657.jpg
Highlighted
Tourist

tengo el mismo problema, llame a soporte pero no me resolvieron, me dijeron que pasarian mi reporte con un tecnico y me resolverian pero hasta la fecha no tengo respuesta, esto tiene como 3 meses, pesimo servicio

Highlighted
Tourist

I had the same problem for quite a while, very frustrating. But the good news is that I seemed to have solved it. I don't use the windows file explorer,,, Just the Windows Photo Program and also GoPro Quik for Windows or Just install "Windows Photo Viewer" on your PC and see what happens when you connect again via USB your Hero 8 Black

Highlighted
Tourist

Be sure to "Power Up" your Hero 8 Black,  Otherwise, it will just think you are just charging your battery via your Windows PC.  I just tested this out.  first while "powered Off" your Hero 8 will just show a steady red light showing its just charging. As soon as you power it up it will show on the small front Status screen that the USB is on. Try it out

Highlighted
Tourist

Sorry to hear about your efforts to connect to your PC  Just check my recent posts and  it shows you how to do it... I hope this helps you out..... any questions let me know..

Highlighted
Tourist

Still doesn't work.  Installed GoProQuick and still computer does not see the GoPro.  GoPro screen shows "USB Connected" but computer is not seeing it.