Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: gopro hero 8 can't connect to pc

I’ve had it with GoPro. After hours chatting with customer support, there has been absolutely no follow up on this issues. I don’t expect it to be fixed anymore. That’s it for me. I’ll return it to the store. Awesome features, but what is it worth with such crappy software and customer support...?
Highlighted
Tourist

I'm happy to report that I did manage to connect my GoPro8 black to my PC windows 10 laptop via the USB 3.0 port.  And while it was a little slow downloading all the files it worked. But while I was doing that my new Anker USB 3.0 card reader was just delivered to my door, so I'm going to test that out now... and I will report back......... Hope this is some help to you.

My laptop is an old HP EliteBook 8440p   many years old......

Highlighted
Tourist

Sorry, but I don't see how this helps. You claim to have an older laptop....and yet it has USB 3.0 and Windows 10......and all you say is it works when you plugged it in.  Yet no one else is having theirs work when they plug it into a windows 10 PC.  So how does your post help???

Highlighted
Tourist

I will go back and review all the steps I took and report back to you and see if if it will be of any help. I did connect the GoPro 8 Black directly to the USB via the GoPro Cable......

Highlighted
Tourist

I just went back and did the following steps

Shut down my laptop

Powered it up

Signed into windows 10

Connected the GP cable to my GoPro8 USB-C port,  and the other end into one of my "USB 2.O ports"

Powered up my Hero 8 Black.

and it started.. Showing that it's connected via USB.....

Open your "Windows Photos" app

And then you can see your Hero 8  and import to any folder you choose.

Now I hope that helps you 

Highlighted
Tourist

As an extra note, "GoPro Quik" also opened up and showed that the Hero 8 Black was ready to download its files to whatever folder on your PC Laptop you designate

Try it out....and see if that works for you,  let me know how you do?

Highlighted
Tourist

IMG_20200522_131651.jpg
Highlighted
Tourist

I just posted a photo above of the Hero 8 connected to windows 10 via USB 2.0 Open up "GoPro Quik" on your PC...asking where I want to import the files from my Hero 8

and the next pic shows what you see on my Hero 8 Black while it's connected..Just be sure you power up your Hero 8 

IMG_20200522_131657 (1).jpg