Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: gopro hero 8 can't connect to pc

Same issue here! Cannot connect camera with cable that came with. Hero 7 black running the latest sw. Windows 10. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Same camera with same cable works just fine with Mac. Please fix you windows compatibility ASAP!
Highlighted
Tourist

Updating to latest video driver and windows is no help...

Highlighted
Sightseer

Same issue here! Cannot connect My brand new Hero 8 black camera with cable that came with. running the latest sw. Windows 10. 

tried all the GoPro advice yes can load from SD but what a hassel card slot has bad access and hard to remove card.

Was realy looking forward to this camera what a disapointment and based on all the blogs I have been reading over this issue has been going on for a while. Why have you not sorted out

Highlighted
Hiker

Short answer: they don’t care and have different priorities. The current Quik version is older than the Hero 8 and GoPro didn’t bother to update it to address this aforementioned issues. It’s amazing they get away with this.
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I'm having the exact same issue.

Highlighted
Sightseer

So does anyone's camera work through the cable with windows 10?
Highlighted
Tourist

No.  Seems no one can and seems GoPro does not care.  I think I am going to return mine to Costco and buy the DJI Osmo that Costco also sells since GOPRO hasn't helped this thread at all and so many people have expressed the identical problem.